Yellow Cake Recipe and Other Homemade Desserts
There's nothing like a Yellow Cake Recipe made from scratch. Try the tasty recipe shown below. The directions are super fast and easy, and the taste is a million times better than anything you can buy in a box.
Yellow Cake Recipe
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup softened butter
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3 large eggs, room temperature
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 3/4 cup milk
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Grease and flour 2 (9-inch) cake pans.
- In bowl, combine flour, baking powder, and salt. Mix well.
- Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Beat in eggs, one at a time.
- Add vanilla and mix well.
- Slowly add flour alternately with milk. At end of each addition batter should be smooth.
- Divide batter between the 2 pans.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, or until a knife inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Cool 5 minutes in pan, then invert onto a rack and cool completely before frosting.
sunflower cake recipe
This Yellow Cake Recipe can be improvised in many different ways, but the point is to make the finished product look like a sunflower.
- 1 package one-layer-size package yellow cake mix
- About 8 ounces of white frosting
- 1/4 cup semisweet chocolate pieces
- 2 tablespoons lemon drop candies
- 40 yellow and orange fruit slice candies
- 9 green shoelace fruit snacks
- 1 green roll-up fruit snack
- Prepare and bake the yellow cake in an 8-inch round pan according to package directions.
- Cool in pan on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Remove from pan. Let cool completely on a wire rack.
- Place cake on circular platter and frost with white frosting.
- Arrange chocolate pieces in a circle in the center of the cake.
- Place lemon drops in single circle around the chocolate pieces.
- Cut orange and yellow fruit slices horizontally in half lengthwise.
- Arrange the thin slices around the lemon drops and around the outside of the cake to resemble petals.
- Arrange shoelace fruit snacks around the cake to resemble vines.
- Cut leaf shapes out of the green roll-up fruit snack and arrange among the green vines.
Makes about 12 servings.
MAIN DESSERT PAGE
Authentic American Recipes from every state
Main Course Recipe Page
Another Free Printable Recipe Collection
Other useful Links
Premium Factory Outlets in All 50 States.
Fact and Photo Galleries for All 50 States.
Affordable Travel Deals in all 50 States and Washington DC.
Low-Cost Car Insurance in All 50 States and Washington DC.
Work From Home Anywhere in America.
Universities and PhD Programs in All 50 States.