World Map Printable Images and links
Above: World Map Printable
image credit: worldmapwithcountries.com
facts about the usa
For more free printable maps and other useful links, scroll down.
Here Are 10 Fast Facts About The United States Of America.
- According to the United States Census Bureau, The population of the United States of America reached three hundred million million in October of 2006.
- Roughly sixty-six percent (66%) of the people currently residing in the United States identify themselves as white or Caucasian.
- Approximately fourteen percent (14%) of U.S. residents are Hispanic.
- About twelve percent (12%) of U.S. residents identify themselves as black or African American.
- Almost five percent (5%) of U.S. residents are of Asian descent (Chinese, Japanese, Vietnamese, Cambodian, Korean, Mongolian, Thai, Indonesian, Filipino, etc.).
- Only about one and one half percent (1.5%) of U.S. residents classify themselves as Native American (including Alaska Natives).
- Only one-third of one percent (0.33%) of U.S. citizens are Native Hawaiian (also known as Pacific Islanders).
- The state of New Jersey has the nation's highest population density, with well over 1100 people per square mile.
- The most sparsely populated state in America is Alaska, which averages roughly 1 person per square mile.
- America's shoreline regions include the Atlantic Coast (eastern states), the Gulf Coast (southern states), the Pacific Coast (western states, including Hawaii but not Alaska), and the Arctic Coast (Alaska). The United States has more than 12,000 miles of coastal shoreline.
geographical facts about states
- Measured from east-to-west, the state of Alaska is wider than the entire mainland United States.
- Alaska extends further west than Hawaii.
- In June of 1846, the Oregon Treaty established the border between the United States and Canada.
- The highest point in the USA is on Alaska's Mt. McKinley. The nation's lowest geographical location is in California's Death Valley.
- With Alaska and Hawaii included, the geographic center of the United States is near Castle Rock, South Dakota. The geographical center of the mainland alone is somewhere in the state of Kansas.
World Map Printable State Maps and More
MAP OF THE 50 STATES
FREE PRINTABLE STATE MAPS
More World Maps
MORE FREE PRINTABLE ITEMS
Other useful Links
Go here to learn How to Work From Home Anywhere in America.
Hit this link for Budget-Friendly Travel in All 50 States.
Look here for Premium Factory Outlets in All 50 States.
Look here for Low-Cost Car Insurance in All 50 States and Washington DC.
Visit this page for a complete list of Universities and PhD Programs all over America.
Click Here to View Fact and Photo Galleries from All 50 States.
world map printable