free printable Texas State Map
Scroll down for a free printable Texas State Map.
See the bottom of this page for links to facts, photos, and all things Texas.
Facts About Texas
- The sprawling U.S. state of Texas is located in the south and southwestern regions of the continental United States.
- In land area, Texas is the biggest of all the mainland states (they say everything's big in Texas). The state's land area spans 268,820 square miles of mostly land.
- Although the state of Texas has very few natural lakes, the state is home to fifteen major rivers. The ten longest rivers in Texas are the Brazos River, the Canadian River, the Colorado River, the Neches River, the Nueces River, the Pecos River, the Red River, the Rio Grande, the Sabine River, and the Trinity River.
- Roughly half of the state's population lives in or around Dallas and Houston.
- According to a recent estimates, Texas has a population of nearly 25 million people.
- Texas is the second largest state in the nation, both in land size (behind only Alaska) and in population size (behind only California).
- The state of Texas is divided into 254 counties.
- Texas is bordered by Oklahoma on the north, Louisiana and Arkansas on the east, Mexico on the south, and New Mexico to the west. Three rivers, the Rio Grande, the Red River and the Sabine River, provide natural state borders.
- Texas has four major physical regions: the Gulf Coastal Plains, the Interior Lowlands, the Great Plains, and The Basin/Range Province.
- The ten largest cities in Texas (in population size) are Dallas, Houston, Fort Worth, San Antonio, Austin, El Paso, McAllen, Corpus Christie, Brownsville and Killeen, in that order.
- Popular Texas tourist attractions include Six Flags and Hurricane Harbor in Arlington, Six Flags Fiesta in San Antonio, Sea World in San Antonio, Wonderland Park in Amarillo, and Joyland Amusement Park in Lubbock.
Those who seek a nature lovers paradise are encouraged to visit Caddo Lake and Big Bend National Park.
The free, printable, detailed Texas State Map shown below depicts cities, roadways, and adjoining states.
For more maps and other free printable items, visit any of the links shown on this page.
Texas State Map
Below: This Texas State Map shows adjoining states, major cities, and major highways.
See this page for another Texas State Map
Go here for a free, Printable U.S. Map
Hit this link for more Free Printable Maps
Look here for Bank of Texas Locations
Printable, Sharable US Map Quiz
Clickable US Map Quiz
Other useful Links
Look here for Premium Factory Outlets in All 50 States.
For fun things to do anywhere in America, visit Fact and Photo Galleries for All 50 States.
See this page for Air Travel Discount Deals and Low-Cost Lodging in all 50 States and Washington DC.
Click here to get Low-Cost Car Insurance in All 50 States and Washington DC.
Visit this page to learn how to Work From Home Anywhere in America.
Go here to see a complete list of Universities and PhD Programs in All 50 States.