Search by Keyword
Above: Big Bend is one of two Texas National Parks. The other is Guadalupe Mountains National Park, shown below.
above image: jubileejourney.wordpress.com
below image: sacurrent.com
1. The official state flower of Texas is the Bluebonnet.
2. The official state tree of Texas is the Pecan.
3. The official state bird of Texas is the Mockingbird.
4. Texas is home to 55 State Parks and two Texas National Parks.
5. The state of Texas is divided into seven geographical
regions: Big Bend, Panhandle Plains, Hill Country, South Plains, Gulf Coast, Piney Woods, and Prairie-Lake.
7. The ten largest cities in Texas (by population size) are Houston, San Antonio, Dallas, Austin, Ft. Worth, El Paso, Arlington, Corpus Christi, Plano and Laredo, in that order.
8. Texas is home to 48 universities.
9. Native American Indian Tribes from Texas include Alabama-Coushatta, Kickapoo, Ysleta, and Del Sur Pueblo.
10. Everything really IS big in Texas!
Above: Enchanted Rock State Park in Fredericksburg.
Ambassador University (closed spring 1997)
Amberton UniversityAOMA Graduate School of
Dallas Baptist University
DeVry University–Irving (Dallas)
East Texas Baptist University
Houston Baptist University
Howard Payne University
Lubbock Christian University
Midwestern State University
Our Lady of the Lake University
Saint Edward's University
Saint Mary's University
Southern Methodist University
South Texas College of Law
Southwestern Adventist University
Southwestern Assemblies of God University
Stephen F. Austin State University
Texas A&M University System
Texas Christian University
Texas Lutheran University
Texas Southern University
Texas State University System
Texas Wesleyan University
Texas Woman's University
University of Dallas
University of Houston System main campus Clear Lake
University of Mary Hardin-Baylor
University of North Texas Health Science Center
University of Saint Thomas
University of Texas System
University of the Incarnate Word
Wayland Baptist University
Western Governors University
Below: Bear Creek Park in Keller.
Below: Caddo Lake State Park near Marshall.
Above: University of North Texas in Denton.
Above: Houses on the water's edge in Ft. Worth.
Above: San Antonio River Walk.
Above: Downtown Dallas.
Above: Sunset over Dallas.
How to Work From Home in Texas, or anywhere in America.
Universities and PhD Programs in Texas and all U.S. states, plus Washington DC.
Low-Cost Travel ideas to and around all 50 states.