Above: Sunrise Wallpaper: The Iwo Jima Memorial in Arlington, Virginia.
1. The official state flower of Virginia is the Dogwood Flower.
2. The official state tree of Virginia is the Dogwood Tree.
3. The official state bird of Virginia is the Cardinal.
4. Virginia is home to 25 State Parks.
5. The state of Virginia is divided into six geographical
regions: Northern, Southwestern, Central, Tidewater, Shenandoah Valley, and Eastern Shore.
6. The five largest cities in Virginia (by population size) are Virginia Beach, Norfolk, Chesapeake, Arlington and Richmond, in that order.
7. Virginia has 30 Universities.
8. No city in Virginia has more than half a million residents.
9. Native American Indian tribes who once occupied what is now the state of Virginia include Chickahominy, Mattiponi, Melungeon, Monacan, Nansemond, Pamunkey, Rappahannock.
10. Virginia's major cash crop is tobacco.
Above: Sunrise Wallpaper from False Cape State Park, Virginia.
Here is a list of all 25 state parks in Virginia:
Below: University of Virginia in Charlottesville.
Here is an alphabetical list of the 30 accredited universities in the state of Virginia:
Below: Two spectacular views of Virginia Beach:
1) A row of luxury vacation homes. 2) a whale sighting at sunset.
Photo 1: vacationhomerentals.com / Photo 2: chesapeakejournal.wordpress.com
Above: A quaint residential neighborhood in a town called The Plains, Virginia.
Above: Grayson Highlands State Park near Wilson, Virginia.
Above: Sunny downtown Harrisonburg.
Above: Downtown Lynchburg.
Above: The State Theatre of Virginia in Abingdon.
Above: Downtown Staunton at sundown.
Low-Cost Car Insurance in all 50 states and Washington DC.
Universities and PhD Programs in All 50 States and Washington DC.