Smoked Chicken Recipes and Other American Favorites
Smoked Chicken Recipes can sometimes be complex, but these directions are super easy to follow. This recipe comes out juicy and delicious every time.
For more great American recipes and other useful info, visit any of the links shown below.
Smoked Chicken Recipes
- 1 whole roasting chicken
- 1/4 cup of olive oil
- 3 teaspoons of ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon of ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon of ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon of ground cardamom
- 1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon of cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1/4 teaspoon of fresh black pepper
- just a few dashes of liquid smoke
- Remove the backbone from the bird by cutting along either side of it, so the chicken can be laid out as flat as possible.
- Pat the meat dry on both sides.
- Rub both sides of the chicken thoroughly with olive oil.
- In a large Ziploc bag, combine the coriander, cumin, ground cloves, ground cardamom, ground cinnamon, cayenne pepper, salt, black pepper.
- Add about one tablespoon of olive oil to the bag and mix well by squishing the bag with your hands.
- Put the chicken in the bag and squeeze out as much air as possible before you seal the bag.
- Move the chicken around inside the bag until it is well coated with the spice mixture.
- Put the bag the refrigerator and let the meat marinate for at least one hour.
- Pre-heat the oven to 220 degrees Farenheit.
- Pour about one inch of water into a roasting pan, and sprinkle a few dashes of liquid smoke into the water.
- Lightly oil the roasting rack.
- When the oven reaches 220 degrees, place the chicken skin side up, laid out as flat as possible on the roasting rack.
- Cook the meat for about three hours, or until the chicken is tender when poked with a fork.
Serve hot or chilled, whole, cut, or shredded. This meat is very tender and flavorful. Leftovers make excellent lunch meat sandwiches.
Smoked Chicken Recipes and related links
Rotisserie Chicken Recipe
Authentic American Recipes from every state
Main Course Recipe Page
Another Free Printable Recipe Collection
Other useful Links
How to Work from Home anywhere in America
PhD Programs in All 50 States
Low-Cost Car Insurance in All 50 States
Fact & Photo Galleries from All 50 States
Factory Outlets in All 50 States
Low-Cost Travel ideas to and around all 50 states