six flags georgia
Above: An aerial view of the Six Flags theme park near Austell, Georgia.
Austell is located about fifty miles northwest of Atlanta.
Scroll down for more alluring images and fascinating facts about the state of Georgia.
The U.S. state of Georgia is home to 62 state parks, countless wilderness trails, and many beautiful beaches, not to mention exciting metro areas like Atlanta.
Use this page to help you pick your favorite things to do in Georgia.
Scroll to the bottom of the page for links to other U.S. state image galleries.
Pictured Above: A luxury home with stone siding in Sandy Springs,
a wealthy suburb outside of Atlanta, not too far from Six Flags Georgia.
1. Georgia's official state flower is the Cherokee Rose.
2. Georgia's official state tree is the Live Oak.
3. Georgia's official state bird is the Brown Thrasher.
4. Georgia's official state fish is the Largemouth bass.
5. Georgia produces more pecans and peanuts than any other U.S. state.
6. The ten largest cities in Georgia (by population size) are Atlanta, Augusta, Columbus, Savannah, Athens, Sandy Springs, Roswell, Macon, Johns Creek and Albany, in that order.
7. The state of Georgia was established as the last of the original Thirteen Colonies back in 1732.
8. Native American Indian Tribes from Georgia include Cherokee and Creek.
Above: A tiny storybook house in Blairsville, Georgia, roughly ten miles south of the Tennessee border.
The state of Georgia is divided into nine geographical regions:
Above: The Montaluce Winery outside of Atlanta.
Below: The Okefenokee Swamp.
Above: A magnificent Georgia pecan grove.
Above: A fragrant field of ripe Vidalia Onions.
Above: A quaint Savannah neighborhood awash in sun and shadow.
Above: The city of Savannah.
Above: The brilliantly carved Stone Mountain is one of Georgia's most popular tourist attractions.
Above: The popular active senior community of Smoky Springs.
Go here for a Map of Georgia Cities.
For fun things to do anywhere in America, visit Fact and Photo Galleries for All 50 States.
Air Travel Discount Deals and Low-Cost Lodging in all 50 States and Washington DC.