Scalloped Potato Recipe and Other American Favorites
Scroll down for two easy, cheesy Scalloped Potato Recipe ideas.
Scalloped Potato Recipe Ideas
SCALLOPED POTATOES WITH HAM & PEAS
- 8 ounces Cream Cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup Sour Cream
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 3 large potatoes, thinly sliced
- 6 ounces chopped ham
- 8 ounces Shredded Cheddar Cheese, divided
- 1 cup frozen peas
SERVING SUGGESTION: Add fresh, steamed green veggies and make it a meal.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Spray 13x9-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- Mix cream cheese, sour cream and chicken broth in large bowl until well blended.
- Add potatoes, ham, 1-3/4 cups of the cheese and peas; stir gently to coat all ingredients.
- Spoon into prepared baking dish. Sprinkle with remaining 1/4 cup cheese.
- Bake 1 hour or until heated through and potatoes are tender
- If needed, increase temperature to 450-500 degrees F during last 5 minutes of cooking, so the potatoes will be crisp on top.
MAKES ABOUT 8 SERVINGS
CLASSIC SCALLOPED POTATO RECIPE
- 4 cups thinly sliced potatoes (6 to 8 medium potatoes)
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- dash of pepper
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups scalded milk
- 1/2 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- In a buttered 2-quart baking dish, place about 1/3 of the potatoes.
- In a cup or small bowl, combine flour with salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle about half of the flour mixture over the potatoes; repeat with another layer of potatoes and the flour mixture and top with remaining potato slices.
- Dot with butter.
- Pour hot milk over potatoes.
- Cover and bake for 45 minutes.
- Uncover and sprinkle cheese over the top.
- Return to the oven and bake, uncovered, for another 15 minutes, or until scalloped potatoes are tender and cheese has melted.
MAKES ABOUT 8 SERVINGS
For a wide assortment of America's favorite recipes, U.S. statistics, and many free printable items, visit any of the links shown on this page.
Hit this link for a classic Rotisserie Chicken Recipe
Hit this link for Authentic American Recipes from every state.
For more Grilled Fish Recipes, see the Main Course Recipe Page.
Go here for Another Free Printable Recipe Collection.
Other useful Links
How to Work from Home anywhere in America.
PhD Programs in All 50 States.
Low-Cost Car Insurance in All 50 States.
Fact & Photo Galleries from All 50 States.
Factory Outlets in All 50 States.
Low-Cost Travel ideas to and around all 50 states.
rotisserie chicken recipe