Rotisserie Chicken Recipe and Other American Favorites
See the links below for a succulent Rotisserie Chicken Recipe.
This page features a spicy (!!!) Jamaican Jerk Chicken recipe (shown above), slightly modified from The Sugar Reef Carribean Cookbook, by Devra Dedeaux.
You will also find a recipe for Jamaican Shrimp.
Jamaican Jerk Chicken
- 4 large skinless, boneless chicken breasts (or any chicken parts you like)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Pumpkin Pie spice
- 1 tablespoon Dried thyme
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Ground sage
- 2 tablespoons Garlic powder or fresh minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon Sugar
- 1/4 cup Olive oil
- 1/4 cup Soy sauce
- 1/2 cup White Vinegar
1/2 cup Orange juice
- 1 Lime juice
- 1 Habanero pepper (optional - they're hot!!!)
- 3 finely chopped green onions
- 1 tablespoon corn starch
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Seed and finely chop Habanero pepper.
- Trim fat from chicken.
- In a large bowl, combine the allspice, thyme, cayenne pepper, black pepper, sage, nutmeg, cinnamon, salt, garlic powder and sugar.
- With a wire whisk, slowly add the olive oil, soy sauce, vinegar, orange juice, and lime juice.
- Add the Habanero pepper & onion, and mix well.
- Add the chicken, cover, and marinate for 2 hours.
- Remove chicken from the marinade, place in an oven safe baking dish, and bake for about 30 minutes, or until fully cooked.
- Bring the leftover marinade to a boil.
- Using a wire whisk, blend the corn starch into the marinade to thicken it.
- Pour marinade over chicken.
- Serve chicken over rice, with extra marinade on the side for dipping.
Here's a wonderful appetizer recipe that adds an elegant starting touch to a meal.
- 2 lb. large shrimp
- 1/4 cup salad oil
- 3 Tbsp. white wine vinegar
- 2 Tbsp. lime juice
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 Tbsp. honey
- 2 teaspoon Jamaican Jerk Seasoning*
- 1 medium mango, pitted, peeled, sliced, and halved crosswise
- 1 small lime, halved lengthwise and sliced
- 1 small red onion, quartered and thinly sliced
- Cook shrimp in a large saucepan, uncovered, in lightly salted boiling water for 1 to 3 minutes or until shrimp turn pink.
- Drain immediately and let cool.
- Peel AND devein the shrimp, leaving the tails on.
- Place the shrimp in a heavy plastic bag.
- For marinade, in a screw-top jar combine salad oil, white wine vinegar, lime juice, jalapeno pepper, honey and Jamaican Jerk Seasoning.
- Cover and shake well to mix;
- Pour over the shrimp in the plastic bag.
- Cover and chill for 1 hour, turning bag occasionally.
- Drain shrimp, reserving marinade.
- In a large serving bowl, layer shrimp, mango, lime slices and onion, repeating until all are used.
- Drizzle reserved marinade on top.
SERVES 10 to 12.
* HOMEMADE JAMAICAN JERK SEASONING:
INGREDIENTS & DIRECTIONS: Combine 2 teaspoons onion powder, 1 teaspoon sugar, 1 teaspoon ground thyme, 1 teaspoon salt, 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice, 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon, and 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper.
Rotisserie Chicken Recipe and others
Hit this link for a classic Rotisserie Chicken Recipe
Hit this link for Authentic American Recipes from every state.
For more Grilled Fish Recipes, see the Main Course Recipe Page.
Go here for Another Free Printable Recipe Collection.
Other useful Links
Hit this link to learn How to Work from Home anywhere in America.
See PhD Programs in All 50 States.
Look here for Low-Cost Car Insurance in All 50 States.
Visit this page for Fact & Photo Galleries from All 50 States.
Go here for a detailed list of Factory Outlets in All 50 States.
See this page for Low-Cost Travel ideas to and around all 50 states.
rotisserie chicken recipe