Here's the best and simplest Roast Beef recipe. It makes for a splendid supper, and the leftovers make excellent lunch meat sandwiches.
To make the gravy, remove the dripping pan from the oven and place it on the stove top at medium heat.
Add red wine to the drippings and scrape the drippings from the bottom of the drip pan with a spatula.
Add flour to the drip pan with a little hot water. Stir quickly while the gravy thickens to avoid lumping. If short on drippings, a pat of butter can be added.
Add a dash of salt and pepper.
SUGGESTION: This kind of meat tastes great when served with horseradish sauce.
For more great recipe ideas, tattoo designs, data tables, calendars and a broad assortment of other free printable items, visit any of the links shown on this page.
1. Cook the beef rare. Then cut the meat into thin slices.
2. Sushi rice is easy enough to buy at any Japanese restaurant. But you can also make your own by following the directions on a bag of short grain white rice.
3. When rice reaches room temperature, wet your hands and squeeze each handful of rice so it stays together as one bite-sized piece.
4. Place a slice of beef on each ball of rice
5. Top with pickled ginger (available packaged at Asian markets, or from any Japanese restaurant).
6. If desired, mix a little bit of wasabi with soy sauce in a dipping dish.
7. Dip each piece into the soy sauce.
Travel Deals and Discounts in all 50 States and Washington DC.
Factory Outlet Malls listed by state.