Red Velvet Cake Recipes and Other american Favorites
Red Velvet Cake Recipes are an elegant, low cost, easily prepared dessert item, guaranteed to impress your friends at parties. For example, try the one shown here.
Red Velvet Cake Recipes and more
- 2 1/4 cups of sifted cake flour
- 2 tablespoons of unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup of buttermilk
- 2 Tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1 & 1/2 cups of sugar
- 1 stick of softened butter
- 2 large eggs
- 16 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 stick softened butter
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Butter and flour two 9-inch-diameter cake pans with 1 1/2-inch-high sides.
- Sift flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, and salt into medium bowl.
- Whisk buttermilk, vinegar, and vanilla in small bowl to blend.
- Use a mixer to beat sugar and butter in large bowl until well blended.
- Add eggs 1 at a time, beating until well blended after each one.
- Beat in dry ingredients alternately with buttermilk mixture
- Divide batter between prepared pans.
- Bake cakes until knife inserted into center comes out clean, about 25-30 minutes.
- Cool in pans on racks 10 minutes.
- Turn cakes out onto racks; let cool completely.
- For frosting, beat cream cheese and butter in large bowl until smooth.
- Beat in vanilla.
- Add powdered sugar and beat until smooth.
- Place 1 cake layer, flat side up, on a platter.
- Spread 1 cup of frosting over the top of the cake.
- Top with second cake layer, flat side down.
- Spread the remaining frosting over the top and sides of the cake.
- Let the cake stand at room temperature for 1 hour before serving.
Cover and refrigerate any unused portions.
For a wide variety of dessert recipes, appetizer recipes, traditional recipes and more, visit any of the related links shown below. Scroll further down for a collection of other useful links.
more recipes and related links
Traditional Recipes from Every State
More Dessert Recipes
Another Great Recipe Collection
Other useful Links
Affordable Travel All Over America
Work From Home in All 50 States
Universities and PhD Programs in All 50 States and Washington DC
Low-Cost Car Insurance in All 50 States and Washington DC
Factory Outlets in All 50 States
Fact & Photo Galleries from All 50 States and Washington DC