Printable State Maps
Shown above is a sample from our Printable State Maps collection.
In terms of land area, the smallest state in America is Rhode Island. The state covers approximately 1,045 square miles, according to the U.S. Census Bureau.
Located in New England, Rhode Island has two distinct natural regions. Eastern Rhode Island contains the lowlands of the Narragansett Bay, while Western Rhode Island forms part of the New England Upland.
Within the Narragansett Bay are more than 30 islands, each of them considered part of the state. The largest of these is Aquidneck Island, which is shared by the cities of Newport, Middletown, and Portsmouth.
Roger Williams founded the first permanent white settlement in Rhode Island at Providence in 1636, on land purchased from the Narragansett Indians.
For another map of Rhode Island, visit the state maps link shown below.
top 10 facts about Rhode Island
- Rhode Island was the last of the original thirteen colonies to become a state.
- Rhode Island hosted America's first open golf tournament in 1895.
- The Flying Horse Carousel is America's oldest carousel, located in a Rhode Island resort town called Watch Hill.
- The first circus ever held in the United States took place in Newport Rhode Island in 1774.
- The National Tennis Hall of Fame is located in Newport.
- Rhode Island's White Horse Tavern, built in 1673, is the oldest operating tavern in the United States.
- The whole Industrial Revolution began in Pawtucket Rhode Island in 1790, when Samuel Slater developed a water-powered cotton mill to do the work of men.
- Famous Rhode Islanders include George M. Cohan, Samuel Slater and Gilbert Stuart.
- The state of Rhode Island is home to more than a hundred thousand commercial businesses, including well over eight thousand stores and restaurants.
- The resident population of Rhode Island is estimated at more than 1,050,000.
For a broad assortment of maps, visual designs, demographic tables and other free printable items, visit any of the links shown on this page.
Printable State Maps and related links
MAPS OF ALL 50 STATES
SEE FAQ PAGE
ANOTHER FREE PRINTABLES COLLECTION
Complete List of Greyhound Locations
Complete List of U.S. Amtrak Stations
Blank Printable Map of USA
San Francisco Street Maps
Zip Code Maps
WORLD MAP, PRINTABLE STATE MAPS, CITY MAPS, AND MORE
Clickable US STATE Map Quiz
Other useful Links
Fact and Photo Galleries for All 50 States.
Travel Deals for All 50 States and Washington DC.
Work From Home Anywhere in America.
Factory Outlet Malls in Every State.
Universities and PhD Programs in All 50 States.
Low-Cost Car Insurance in All 50 States and Washington DC.