Orange Chicken Recipe Page
Try this tremendous, restaurant-style Orange Chicken Recipe:
- 3 lbs skinless, boneless chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 3 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 tsp grated orange peel
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 1 fresh sliced carrot
- 1 chopped green bell pepper
- Marinade: In a large zip-lock bag, put soy sauce , orange juice, ginger, onion powder and orange peel.
- Lock bag and blend ingredients well by gently squeezing the bag for about a minute.
- Add the chicken pieces to the marinade and leave in the fridge for at least 8 hours.
- When ready to cook, preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Remove chicken strips from the marinade with tongs. DO NOT DISCARD THE MARINADE.
- Coat chicken strips lightly with flour.
- In a large skillet, heat the oil, then brown the chicken over a medium-high heat.
- Transfer chicken strips to a covered baking dish.
- Toss in carrot and bell pepper.
- Pour remaining marinade over chicken and vegetables.
- Cover the dish and bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove cover and bake for another 15 minutes.
- Remove dish from oven and let cool for a few minutes.
- Serve with a side of fresh steamed broccoli.
Another Orange Chicken Recipe
This popular Orange Chicken Recipe is easy to make.
ALMOND BUTTER CHICKEN WITH ORANGE SAUCE
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup sliced almonds
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/2 cup fresh orange juice
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon grated orange rind
- To make Orange sauce, combine brown sugar and cornstarch in a saucepan. Add juice, butter and rind. Cook on medium heat,stirring constantly, until thickened.
- Place each chicken breast fillet between two pieces of plastic wrap.
- Pound with meat mallet to 1/4" thickness.
- Coat chicken with flour.
- Sprinkle with salt and black pepper.
- Dip one side into egg and press with almonds.
- Melt butter in a large skillet.
- Add chicken, almond side down.
- Cook on medium high heat for 3 to 5 minutes or until almonds are toasted.
- Turn pieces over and cook other side.
- Lower heat to medium low and cook for about 10 minutes more, or until chicken is no longer pink in center.
- Serve with orange sauce.
Traditional Recipes from Every State
Side Dish Recipes
Another Great Recipe Collection
Other USEFUL Links
Visit this link to view fascinating, colorful Fact and Photo Galleries for All 50 States.
Go here for a complete list of Universities and PhD Programs in All 50 States.
Look here for Low-Cost Car Insurance in All 50 States and Washington DC.
See this page for Affordable Travel Deals All Over America.
Go here for Wholesale Factory Outlet Malls all over America.
Hit this link to learn How to Work From Home Anywhere in America.