Search by Keyword
Above: New York Wallpaper: The Arch at Washington Square Park in Manhattan,
with the NYU campus visible in the background.
Photo credit: pic2fly.com
1. The official state flower of New York is the Rose.
2. The official state tree of New York is the Sugar Maple.
3. The official state bird of New York is the Bluebird.
4. The state of New York is home to 100 State Parks.
5. The state of New York has 34 National Parks, according to the National Park Service. Scroll down for a complete list.
6. New York is divided into eleven geographical
regions: New York City, Long Island, Hudson Valley, Catskills, Capital-Saratoga, Central Region, Adirondacks, Thousand Islands Seaway, Finger Lakes, Niagara Frontier, and Chautauqua-Allegheny.
7. The five largest cities in New york (by population size) are New York City, Buffalo, Rochester, Yonkers and Syracuse, in that order.
8. The five boroughs of New York City are Bronx, Brooklyn, Queens, Manhattan, and Staten Island.
9. New York City is America's largest city, with a resident population of more than 8.3 million. New York's next largest city has less than 300,000 residents.
Below: A typical avenue on Manhattan's West Side.
Here's an alphabetical list of National Parks and historic sites in the state of New York:
Below: The Wonder Wheel at Coney Island in Brooklyn.
Below: A cool shot of South Bronx.
Above: The Staten Island skyline.
Above: Cornell University Campus in Ithaca.
Above: Niagara Falls was America's first National Park,
and is the most popular New York Wallpaper theme.
Above: A home in the posh yet quaint town of Saugerties.
Above: The toy-like town of Poughkeepsie.
Above: The light house at Montauk Point, Long Island
is a popular theme in New York Wallpaper images.
Above: The Rockefeller Mansion in Tarrytown, Long Island.
Above: The Hudson Light House.