Moist Banana Bread Recipe and Other American Favorites
Scroll down for a delicious Moist Banana Bread Recipe that comes out perfect every time, followed by an easy recipe for banana cream pie.
above image credit: allrecipes.com
Moist Banana Bread Recipe
- 1/2 cup softened butter
- 6 ounces softened cream cheese
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup mashed bananas
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 and 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- Cream the butter and cream cheese together.
- Gradually add the white sugar, and continue beating until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each one.
- Mix in mashed bananas and vanilla.
- Add flour, baking powder, and baking soda. Mix until batter is just moist.
- In a small bowl, mix together pecans, brown sugar, and cinnamon.
- Add half of the batter to a loaf pan.
- Sprinkle pecan mixture over batter.
- Add remaining batter.
- Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for about 45 minutes, or until browned on top. It's ready when a knife inserted into the middle of the loaf comes out clean.
- Let loaf cool for 10 minutes.
- Garnish with fresh banana slices.
SUGGESTION: Best when served warm.
banana cream pie
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup all purpose flour or 3 tbs cornstarch
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 cups milk
- 3 egg yolks, slightly beaten
- 2 tbs butter
- 1 tsp vanilla
- One 9-inch baked pastry shell
Meringue made from the leftover egg whites (optional).
- 1 1/4 cups of whole milk or half-and-half.
- Pinch salt.
- Pinch pepper.
- 2 tablespoons butter.
- 2 teaspoons maple syrup.
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon.
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves.
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg.
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger.
- 9 inch pie pan filled with your favorite pie crust.
- Combine sugar, cornstarch, and salt in a saucepan.
- Add milk gradually and cook, stirring constantly, over medium heat until bubbly.
- Cook and stir for another 2 minutes and remove from burner.
- Stir small amount of hot mixture into egg yolks.
- Immediately add egg yolk mixture to hot mixture and cook for 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat.
- Add butter and vanilla; Stir until smooth.
- Slice 3-4 bananas into the cooled baked pastry shell.
- Top with pudding mixture and spread meringue (if desired) on top of the pie.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 12-15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool.
Another Moist Banana Bread Recipe
Authentic American Recipes from every state.
Main Recipe Page
Another great Recipe Collection
Other useful Links
Car Insurance in All 50 States and Washington DC.
Premium Factory Outlets in All 50 States.
Fact and Photo Galleries for All 50 States.
Affordable Travel Deals in all 50 States and Washington DC.
Work From Home Anywhere in America.
Universities and PhD Programs in All 50 States.