Leftover Ham Recipes fast and easy
What can you do with leftover ham?
See the Leftover Ham Recipes shown below for ideas.
Also provided is a succulent dinner entree recipe for Whiskey Glazed Ham. You may need this to create the leftovers for the recipes shown below it.
For hundreds more mouth watering American style recipes, visit any of the links shown below.
Whiskey Glazed Ham
The dish shown here is great for Leftover Ham Recipes. The sweet tender meat from this delectable Whiskey Glazed Ham makes for some tasty leftovers.
- 1 (5 pound) boneless ham
- 2/3 cup of Jack Daniels, or Bourbon
- 1 cup of packed brown sugar
- 2 (8 ounce) cans of crushed pineapple in juice
- 1 cup of honey
- 6 cloves of minced garlic
- 1 (8 ounce) can of pineapple rings
- Using a sharp knife, score the surface of the ham in a criss-cross pattern, making diamond shapes about 1/2-inch deep.
- Mix the bourbon, brown sugar, crushed pineapple, honey, and garlic in a VERY large ziploc bag, or sealable plastic container.
- Place the ham in the container with the marinade, seal the container, and refrigerate the ham overnight.
- Turn the container over several times while marinating. Be sure it is sealed!
- When you are ready to cook the ham, preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit (175 degrees Celsius).
- Transfer the ham and marinade to a large baking dish.
- If you like, you can attach pineapple rings and cherries around the surface of the ham with toothpicks.
- Bake the ham for about 90 minutes, basting it occasionally with the sauce in the pan.
- Remove from the oven and let sit for a few minutes.
Slice, serve, and enjoy!
Leftover Ham Recipes
This ham salad recipe makes a great gourmet sandwich.
- 2 cups diced ham
- 1 stick chopped celery
- 1 finely chopped onion slice
- 6 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons sweet pickle relish
- 2 teaspoons sweet pickle juice (or use water)
- dash pepper
- 1 chopped hard-boiled egg
- In a food processor, mince the ham, celery, onion, pickle relish, and pickle juice (or water).
- Transfer mixture to a bowl.
- Stir in mayo until well-moistened.
- Add pepper, and stir in the chopped egg.
- Optional: Serve on soft rolls with lettuce. Serve french fries, pickles and sliced tomatoes on the side.
MAKES 6 SERVINGS
Here's another leftover ham recipe that's super easy to prepare, and makes a particularly elegant presentation.
HAM ASPARAGUS BUNDLES
- 1 lb. asparagus, with the woody ends cut off
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- Salt (to taste)
- Freshly ground black pepper
- all-purpose flour, for dusting
- 1 sheet of crescent dough
- 2/3 lb. sliced ham
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 425º.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or wax paper.
- In a large bowl, toss the asparagus in the olive oil, and season it with salt and pepper.
- Create a lightly floured surface.
- Roll the crescent dough into a large rectangular shape, and cut it into strips about a half inch thick.
- Wrap 4 asparagus stalks in a slice of ham, then spiral the dough around it.
- Place each bundle on the baking sheet, and top with parmesan cheese.
- Bake until the asparagus is tender and the dough is lightly browned, about 15 minutes.
Makes about 4 servings.
above image credit: delish.com
Hit this link for more Leftover Ham Recipes, and other Authentic Recipes From All 50 States.
Go here to view the Main Entree Page.
See this page for Another Great Recipe Collection
other useful links
Click here for Affordable Travel All Over America.
Go here to learn how to Work From Home in All 50 States.
Visit this link for a complete list of Universities and PhD Programs in All 50 States and Washington DC.
Look here for Low-Cost Car Insurance in All 50 States and Washington DC.
Hit this link for a colorful collection of Fact & Photo Galleries from All 50 States and Washington DC.