Key Lime Pie Recipes QUICK AND EASY
Shown below is one of the most basic and authentic Key Lime Pie Recipes available anywhere.
easily prepared and undeniably delicious!
Key Lime Pie is especially
popular in the state of Florida.
Key Limes (which take their name from
the Florida Keys where they are grown) are smaller, less sweet, and more
aromatic than the limes commonly seen at your local supermarket.
Try this delectable Key Lime Pie recipe today!
quick and easy Key Lime Pie Recipes
Traditional Key Lime Pie
- 3 egg yolks
- 1 1/4 cups of sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon of Salt
- 1/3 cup of cornstarch
- 2 cups of water
- 2 Tablespoons of butter
- 1/3 cup of lime juice
- 1 Tablespoon grated lime peel
- 6-8 drops of green food coloring (or 6 drops of yellow and 2 drops of blue)
- 3 egg whites at room temperature
- a pinch of salt
- 4 Tablespoons of sugar
- 1 (9-inch) graham cracker pie crust
- Beat the egg yolks and set them aside.
- Combine the sugar, salt and cornstarch in a medium saucepan.
- Gradually add the water and stir well with a whisk.
- Bring the mixture to a boil, stirring constantly, and boil for about two minutes.
- Remove from heat.
- Add a quarter of the mixture to the egg yolks and stir briskly to prevent the eggs from cooking.
- Return the egg yolk mixture to the hot mixture.
- Add butter and lime juice and stir well.
- Return the saucepan to the stove and boil for another two minutes.
- Remove from heat and add the lime peel and food coloring.
- Pour the mixture into a pie shell.
- Place the egg whites, cream of tartar and salt in a medium bowl. Beat until foamy.
- Beat in 1/4 cup of sugar and continue to beat until the sugar dissolves and the meringue is stiff.
- Cover the pie filling with meringue, spreading it all the way to the crust.
- Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for about 12 minutes, or until very lightly browned.
- Let the pie cool thoroughly before cutting.
- Garnish each piece with whipped cream and a thin slice of lime.
1. For less sweet Key Lime Pie Recipes, try reducing the amount of sugar to 3/4 cup. Your pie filling will still taste sweet without burying the sweet flavor of the key lime.
2. Try it with or without the meringue topping.
3. Try this recipe using Meyer lemons instead of key limes.
Hit this link for Authentic Recipes From All 50 States.
Go here to view the Main Dessert Page
See this page for Another Great Recipe Collection
other useful links
Visit this page to learn about Low-Cost Car Insurance in all 50 States and Washington DC.
Hit this link to learn how to Work From Home anywhere in America.
Go here for a complete list of Universities and PhD Programs in all 50 states and Washington DC.
See this page for Affordable Travel Deals All Over America.
Go here for Wholesale Factory Outlets in Every State.
Click Here to View striking image galleries from All 50 States and Washington DC.