Search by Keyword
Kentucky Universities: University of Kentucky in Lexington.
Photo credit: http://www.flickr.com
This page features a complete list of Kentucky Universities and PhD Programs in all 50 U.S. states and Washington DC.
Scroll down for a list of Universities in Kentucky, along with facts and fantastic photos pertaining to the state of Kentucky.
The state of Kentucky is especially well known for its bourbon, thoroughbred horses, and many miles of meandering mountain trails.
Below: University of Kentucky in Louisville.
Fast Facts About Kentucky:
1. The official state flower of Kentucky is the Goldenrod.
2. The official state tree of Kentucky is the Tulip Poplar.
3. The official state bird of Kentucky is the Cardinal.
4. The ten largest cities (by population size) in Kentucky are Louisville, Lexington, Bowling Green, Owensboro, Covington, Hopkinsville, Richmond, Florence, Georgetown and Elizabethtown, in that order.
5. The state of Kentucky has about 425 incorporated cities and towns, but only two of them have more than fifty thousand residents. Lexington has a population of almost 300,000, and Louisville is home to almost 600,000 people.
6. Kentucky is home to 29 State Parks and one National Park.
7. The state of Kentucky is divided into five geographical regions - Cave Country, Great Lakes, Heartland, Highlands, and River Region.
Above: Downtown Lexington, Kentucky.
Here's a list of 16 Kentucky Universities.
Bellarmine University Louisville
Brescia University Owensboro
Campbellsville University Campbellsville
University Eastern Kentucky Richmond
Kentucky Christian University Grayson
Kentucky State University Frankfort
Morehead State University Morehead
Murray State University Murray
University Northern Kentucky Highland Heights
Spalding University Louisville
Sullivan University Louisville
Transylvania University Lexingtom
University of Kentucky Lexington
University of Louisville Louisville
University of the Cumberlands Williamsburg
University Western Kentucky Bowling Green
Below: Downtown Louisville
Below: Woodford Thoroughbred horses raised on a ranch in Versailles.
Below: Louisville's annual Kentucky Derby, also known as the greatest two minutes in sports.
Below: A grand Kentucky mansion in Harrod's Creek.
Below: The city of Ashland, Kentucky.
Below: The famed moon bow at Cumberland Falls.
Below: A scene from Mammoth Cave National Park.
America's Top Law Schools (Ivy League Schools and others)
Affordable Travel Deals in all 50 States and Washington DC.