Italian Cream Cake Recipe and other american favorites
Italian Cream Cake Recipe #1
ITALIAN CREAM CAKE RECIPE
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 cups sugar
- 6 egg yolks
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1-1/2 cup flaked coconut, lightly toasted
- 6 eggs whites
- 8 ounces soft cream cheese
- 1 pound powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup softened butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped pecans, lightly toasted
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease and flour 3 8-inch round cake pans.
- With a wire whisk combine flour, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream shortening, butter and sugar.
- Stir in vanilla.
- Add egg yolks, 1 at a time.
- Flour mixture is added alternately with buttermilk.
- Stir in coconut.
- Beat egg whites until stiff.
- Gently fold whites into cake batter.
- Pour into prepared pans. Bake 25 minutes.
- Cool cake layers in pans for 5 minutes.
- Remove to cool completely on racks.
- Blend together cream cheese and butter.
- Add powdered sugar a little at a time.
- Stir in vanilla.
- Place bottom layer on serving plate. Frost with 1/4 of the frosting. Sprinkle layer with 1/4-cup nuts.
- Top with next layer. Frost with 1/4 of the frosting. Sprinkle layer with another 1/4 cup of nuts.
- Place top layer on middle layer. Ice sides of cake with half of remaining icing. Frost top of cake with last of the frosting.
- Sprinkle remaining nuts all over the cake.
ITALIAN CREAM CAKE RECIPE #2
- 1 cup butter
- 5 egg yolks
- 5 egg whites - beaten to form soft peaks
- 1 3/4 cups sugar
- 2 cups white flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup walnuts
- 3/4 cup coconut
- 1 1/8 cup buttermilk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 4 cups fine powdered sugar
- 1 cup butter
- 4 ozs cream cheese
- 1 Tbsp of rum
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup orange marmalade
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Lightly grease and flour nine-inch round cake pans.
- Separate the eggs.
- Beat the whites until soft peaks form, and set aside.
- Cream the egg yolks, butter and sugar.
- Set them aside.
- Take out two bowls - one for the dry ingredients, and another for the milk and vanilla.
- In the bigger bowl combine the flour, baking soda, salt, nuts and coconut.
- In the smaller bowl add the vanilla to the buttermilk.
- Alternate adding the dry ingredients and the milk ingredients to the egg/butter/sugar you creamed together.
- Fold in the egg whites.
- Pour the batter into your prepared pans.
- Bake for about 20 - 25 minutes.
- Beat together all the Italian Cream Cake Recipe ingredients.
- Set the orange marmalade in a cup or pitcher so you can pour it out slowly.
- MAKE SURE your cake has cooled.
- For the middle layer drizzle orange marmalade OVER the frosting.
- If you want to drizzle it on top - try warming it first, to avoid a lumpy appearance.
MAIN DESSERT PAGE
Authentic American Recipes from every state.
Main Course Recipe Page
Another Free Printable Recipe Collection
MAP OF ITALY
other useful links
Low-Cost Car Insurance in All 50 States
Air Travel Discount Deals and Low-Cost Lodging in all 50 States and Washington DC.
Work From Home anywhere in America.
Universities and PhD Programs in all U.S. states, plus Washington DC.
Fascinating State Fact & Photo Galleries
Premium Factory Outlets in All 50 States