Search by Keyword
This gallery features an Iowa Tornado image, along with other facts and photos pertaining to the state of Iowa.
LIST OF UNIVERSITIES IN IOWA
Photo credit: https://www.youtube.com
above photo credit: Willard Sharp
above image: aha.org
Above: The pretty little city of Decorah.
Fast Facts About Iowa:
1. Iowa's official state flower is the Wild Prairie Rose.
2. Iowa's official state tree is the Oak
3. Iowa's official state bird is the Eastern Goldfinch.
4. The ten largest cities (by population size) in the state of Iowa are
5. The state of Iowa is struck by an average of 37 tornadoes a year.
6. Native American Indian Tribes from Iowa include Sac & Fox, Omaha, and Meshwaki. In case you are wondering, the Ioway Indians are actually from what is now the state of Kansas.
Above: Mid Iowa farmland.
Despite being mostly farmland, the state of Iowa is home to thirteen universities, several small cities, 85 State Parks, and many protected wildlife areas.
Iowa is divided into four geographical regions - Northwest, Northeast, Southwest and Southeast.
Below: The state Capitol building in the city of Des Moines.
Below: A farmhouse in rural Iowa.
Above: A typically quaint and curious Iowa grist mill.
Above: Vermeer Mill, a historical village in the Iowa town of Pella.
Above: The train at Potter's Mill.
Above: An aerial view of the University of Iowa campus in Ames.
Air Travel Discount Deals and Low-Cost Lodging in all 50 States and Washington DC.
Work From Home in Iowa, and anywhere else in America.
Universities and PhD Programs in Iowa and all other U.S. states, plus Washington DC.