Indian Vegetarian Recipes and Other american Entrees
Scroll down to see Indian Vegetarian Recipes, along with Indian meat recipes. Just switch ingredients.
Curry, which originated in India, refers to any of a variety of spicy dishes, often containing a spice called turmeric. The basic curry recipe was brought West by British colonialists in India during the 18th century.
Curry is a versatile dish, assuming many different forms and flavors, depending on who does the cooking.
Pre-made curry pastes and curry powders are readily available in supermarkets.
Curry is especially popular in the UK, and is used in many authentic recipes, including Indian Vegetarian recipes.
The two excellent Curry Chicken dishes featured here are easily converted into Indian Vegetarian Recipes, simply by substituting the meat with other ingredients.
Among the best vegetarian choices for this recipe are cauliflower, peas, sweet potato, firm tofu, or any combination of those.
Indian Vegetarian Recipes
INDIAN CHICKEN CURRY
- 1 lb. boneless chicken, cut into pieces (or a vegetarian chicken product, or tofu)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large chopped onion
- 3 cloves minced garlic
- 2 chopped tomatoes
- 3 tbsp. powdered curry mix
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup plain yogurt a fistful of fresh cilantro
- Heat oil in a heavy skillet.
- Add onions and garlic and fry until brown.
- Add curry spice and stir.
- Add tomatoes and chicken pieces.
- Cook on medium-high, stirring frequently until all pieces are fully coated.
- Cover and simmer until tender, about 20 minutes.
- Remove pan from heat.
- Fold in yogurt.
- Garnish with fresh cilantro
- Serve with rice
MAKES 4 SERVINGS
JAMAICAN CHICKEN CURRY
- 1/2 chicken, cleaned, with skin removed (or a vegetarian chicken product, or tofu)
- 4 stems fresh thyme
- 1 tablespoon fresh chopped basil (optional)
- 1 onion
- 1 tbsp. curry
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 tsp. seasoning salt
- 1 tsp. black pepper
- 1 tsp. chicken bullion
- 3 white potatoes (peeled and cut in cubes)
- 1 lemon
- 1 tbsp. vegetable oil
- 2 tbsp. butter
- 2 cups water
- Wash chicken with lemon.
- Cut chicken into bite size pieces.
- Season the meat with all the dry ingredients.
- Chop the herbs and rub onto chicken with your hands.
- Let meat sit in refrigerator for 1/2 hour.
- Place chicken, water and oil in a pot, and cook on high, stirring occasionally, until it comes to a boil.
- Stir, lower heat for about 5-7 minutes.
- Add potatoes and butter.
- Cook until water is reduced and potatoes are tender.
MAKES 4 SERVINGS
Hit this link for Authentic American Recipes from every state.
For more Grilled Fish Recipes, see the Main Course Recipe Page.
Go here for Another Free Printable Recipe Collection.
Other useful Links
See this page to learn how to Work From Home in All 50 States and Washington DC.
Go here for Low-Cost Car Insurance in All 50 Statesand Washington DC.
Visit this page for colorful Fact and Photo Galleries from All 50 States.
Go to this page for Affordable Travel in all 50 States.
See this page for Wholesale Factory Outlet Malls Listed by State.
Hit this link to earn a College Degree Online and see PhD Programs in All 50 States.