Scroll down for majestic views of Idaho National Parks, state parks, cool towns, and other popular destinations throughout the state of Idaho.
Shown Above: A mountain goat soaks in the scenery at Glacier National Park.
Photo credit: http://www.truckcampermagazine.com/off-road-expeditions/top-shots-in-glacier-national-park
The U.S. state of Idaho is home to ten National Forests and 29 State Parks, along with numerous other wilderness areas, several metro areas, and countless cultural attractions.
Use this page to help you pick your favorite things to do in Idaho.
Scroll to the bottom of the page for links to more state photo galleries and other useful links.
Pictured Above: The Coeur d'Alene Yacht Club.
1. Idaho's official state flower is the Syringa.
2. Idaho's official state tree is the White Pine.
3. Idaho's official state bird is the Mountain Bluebird.
4. In land area, Idaho is America's 14th largest state.
5. In spite of having three dozen lakes and rivers, the state of Idaho is more than 99% land with less than 1% water.
6. Idaho is known for producing many types of gemstones and America's best potato crops, among other things.
7. Idaho is divided into seven geographical regions: Northern, North Central, Central, Eastern, Southeast, South Central and Southwest.
8. The ten largest cities in Idaho (based on population size) are Boise, Nampa, Meridian, Idaho Falls, Pocatello, Caldwell, Coeur d'Alene, Twin Falls, Lewiston and Post Falls, in that order.
9. Regarding Idaho National Parks, a tiny piece of Yellowstone National Park extends into Idaho.
10. Native American Indian Tribes of Idaho include Coeur d'Alene, Kalispel, Kootenai, Nez Perce, Paiute, and Shoshone.
Above: A farm outside Boise.
Below: Farmland in the town of Driggs.
Below: An abandoned bank in Hollister at sundown.
Photo credit: http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/headlines/2013/03/urban-decay-structures-in-ruin/
Above: Idaho State University (ISU) in Pocatello.
Above: A rainbow foretells brighter skies ahead, as a heavy winter storm blows through a small Idaho town.
Above: Dockside lodging in the town of McCall.
Above: Main Street, Downtown Wallace, Idaho.
Affordable Travel Deals in all 50 States and Washington DC