Hummus Recipe and Other american Favorites
Typically, the Hummus Recipe is a dip made from chick peas (also known as garbanzo beans), and tahini (a paste made from roasted sesame seeds).
Here's how to make a basic Hummus Recipe:
- 2 1/2 cups of canned chickpeas, drained and rinsed thoroughly
- 1/3 cup of freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/4 cup of tahini
- 2 cloves of minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon of ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon of cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1/3 cup of water
- parsley and olive oil for garnish
- Put 1/2 the lemon juice and all the ingredients EXCEPT chick peas, parsley and olive oil into the blender and blend for 5 seconds.
- Add the chick peas and blend on high until it has a rough creamy texture, about 10-15 seconds.
- Blend in remaining lemon juice to taste. Careful not to overdo the lemon juice, as this can drown out the flavor of the chick peas.
- If the dip is too thick, add water a little at a time, and blend until it reaches the desired thickness.
- Pour into a serving bowl, cover and refrigerate for a few hours before serving.
- Garnish with parsley and a drizzle of olive oil before serving.
SUGGESTION: Serve with pita bread.
apple spice hummus
- 2 15-oz. cans garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 sweet crunchy apple (Fujis are good), peeled and chopped
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 3 Tbsp. water
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. apple pie spice (or ground cinnamon/sugar)
- Pinch of Cayenne pepper (optional)
- Apple slices, carrot slices, celery stalks and crackers.
- Place half of the garbanzo beans, chopped apple, lemon juice, peanut butter, water, salt, apple pie spice and cayenne in a blender.
- Cover and blend until smooth.
- Transfer the mixture to bowl.
- Repeat the above steps using the remaining half of the above ingredients.
- Combine with the previously blended batch.
- Cover and refrigerate.
- Before serving, sprinkle the dip with cayenne pepper.
- Serve the dip with apple slices, carrots and celery stalks, along with any of your favorite crackers.
Authentic American Recipes from every state
Main Course Recipe Page
Another Free Printable Recipe Collection
Other useful Links
Work From Home in All 50 States and Washington DC.
Low-Cost Car Insurance in All 50 Statesand Washington DC.
Fact and Photo Galleries from All 50 States.
Affordable Travel in all 50 States.
Wholesale Factory Outlet Malls Listed by State.
College Degree Online and see PhD Programs in All 50 States.