Holiday Baking Recipes and Traditional American Cuisine
Holiday Baking Recipes
Here are two easy Holiday Baking Recipes for your next special occasion. Both are appropriate any time of the year.
Lemon Pound Cake
- 1 cup of sugar
- 1/2 cup of softened butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups of all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- 3/8 cup of buttermilk
- 1/2 tablespoon of freshly grated lemon peel
- 1/2 tablespoon of lemon juice
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon milk
- Heat oven to 325°F.
- Combine sugar and butter in large bowl.
- Beat at medium speed until creamy.
- Continue beating, adding eggs one at a time, until well mixed.
- Reduce speed to low; gradually add flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt alternately with buttermilk until well mixed.
- Stir in lemon peel and 1 tablespoon lemon juice.
- Spread batter into greased and floured baking pan.
- Bake for about 40 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool for 10 minutes; remove cake from pan. Let cool completely.
- Stir together powdered sugar, 1 teaspoon lemon juice, and 1 Tablespoon of milk in a small bowl.
- Drizzle glaze over cooled cake.
MAKES 8 SERVINGS
SOUR CREAM POUND CAKE
- 1 stick (4 ounces) butter
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon baking soda
- dash salt
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- Preheat the oven to 300°F.
- Grease and flour an 8 1/2 x 4 1/2 x 2 1/2-inch loaf pan.
- Using a whisk or blender, cream the butter and sugar until light.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each one.
- Beat in the vanilla and almond extract.
- Add the baking soda, salt, sour cream, and flour.
- Beat until smooth and well blended.
- Spread mixture in the prepared loaf pan and bake for 1 hour.
- Increase oven temperature to 325°F.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes longer, or until the top is browned and a knife inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean.
For more great holiday recipes, visit any of the links shown on this page.
MORE HOLIDAY BAKING RECIPES
Authentic American Recipes from every state.
Main Course Recipe Page
Another Free Printable Recipe Collection
other useful links
Work From Home in All 50 States and Washington DC.
Low-Cost Car Insurance in All 50 Statesand Washington DC.
Fact and Photo Galleries from All 50 States
Affordable Travel in all 50 States
Wholesale Factory Outlet Malls Listed by State
College Degree Online and see PhD Programs in All 50 States