Hawaiian Chicken Recipe and Other American Favorites
Here's an elegant Hawaiian Chicken Recipe for your next gathering.
This dish is super easy to make, and the cook time is only 30 minutes, but it's better to prepare it the day before:
- 6 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 2 cups pineapple juice
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 green bell pepper
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 can sliced pineapple
- Make Hawaiian Chicken Recipe Marinade: In a bowl, combine the pineapple juice, the Worcestershire sauce, the soy sauce, and the brown sugar. Blend well.
- Poke the chicken breasts all over with a fork, to let the flavor from the marinade seep into the meat.
- Put the chicken pieces in a bowl with the marinade, making sure all the pieces are well coated.
- Add more pineapple juice if necessary, to cover the chicken completely.
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap, and refrigerate for 12 to 24 hours.
- When ready to cook, discard marinade and grill or broil the chicken until cooked through. During the last five minutes of cook time, add some red and green bell pepper slices.
- Garnish with pineapple slices.
MAKES 6 SERVINGS
another amazing Hawaiian Chicken Recipe
Hawaiian Chicken Burgers
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup of fine dry seasoned bread crumbs
- 3 tablespoons of chopped water chestnuts
- 3/4 teaspoon of ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- 1/4 teaspoon of pepper
- 1 pound of ground raw chicken
- 1/4 cup of bottled sweet and sour sauce
- 4 pineapple rings (from a can)
- 4 kaiser rolls or hamburger buns, split and toasted
- Fresh lettuce or spinach
- In a medium size bowl, combine the beaten egg, the bread crumbs, the water chestnuts, and the ginger, as well as the salt and pepper.
- Add the ground chicken and mix well.
- Shape the mixture into four patties, 3/4-inch-thick.
- To grill, place the patties on an uncovered grill directly over medium coals; cook for 15 to 20 minutes, turning once.
- Brush with sweet-and-sour sauce during the last 5 minutes of cooking.
- Place the pineapple slices on the grill rack.
- Cook for 5 minutes, turning as needed.
- To serve the burgers, sprinkle the bottom half of each bun with lettuce or spinach leaves.
- Place the patties on top.
- Brush the patties with sweet and sour sauce.
- Top each burger with a pineapple slice.
(This recipe serves 4 people.)
Hit this link for Authentic American Recipes from every state.
For more Grilled Fish Recipes, see the Main Course Recipe Page.
Go here for Another Free Printable Recipe Collection.
other useful links
Look here for Premium Factory Outlets in All 50 States.
For fun things to do anywhere in America, visit Fact and Photo Galleries for All 50 States.
See this page for Affordable Travel Deals in all 50 States and Washington DC.
Click here to get Low-Cost Car Insurance in All 50 States and Washington DC.
Visit this page to learn how to Work From Home Anywhere in America.
Go here to see a complete list of Universities and PhD Programs in All 50 States.