Grilled Vegetable Recipes and Other American Entrees
grilled vegetable recipes
Grilled Vegetable Recipes are a perfect complement to most entrees, but can also be served as a main course with rice. Try any of these delicious healthy recipes.
GRILLED VEGETABLE PLATTER
- 1 sliced red bell pepper, stemmed & seeded
- 1 sliced yellow bell pepper, stemmed & seeded
- 6 stalks of fresh asparagus, tough ends trimmed off
- 6 stalks of fresh Broccolini
- 3 large sliced portobello mushrooms, stems cut off
- 1 small butternut squash, stem removed, quartered lengthwise
- 1 small zucchini, stem end removed, quartered lengthwise
- 1 red tomato, cored and cut into wedges
- 6 large cloves fresh garlic, peeled
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon course sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder (optional)
- fresh basil
- 2 ounces shaved Parmesan cheese
- Brush the vegetables lightly with oil, then season with salt, pepper and garlic powder.
- Grill veggies until lightly charred on the outside and just tender in the center, betwee 3 and 6 minutes per side.
- Remove from the grill and arrange nicely on a large platter.
- Just before serving, drizzle the balsamic vinegar over the vegetables and garnish with fresh basil and Parmesan cheese.
- Serve warm.
MAKES ABOUT 6 SERVINGS
GRILLED STEAK AND EGGPLANT
- 1 large eggplant, sliced crosswise into about six slices
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon or salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 6 4-oz. bison (buffalo) tenderloin medallions or beef tenderloin fillets (about 1 inch thick)
- 1/3 cup hoisin sauce
- 3 tablespoons Merlot wine (or other red wine)
- Place eggplant slices in a large self-sealing plastic bag.
- Drizzle 3 tablespoons of the olive oil over the eggplant slices, and sprinkle with the 1/2 teaspoon salt.
- Seal the bag and shake it gently to coat the slices; set aside.
- Brush the remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil over the meat.
- Season the meat with salt and pepper.
- In a small bowl, stir together the Hoisin sauce and Merlot; set aside.
- For a charcoal grill, cook steaks on the rack of an uncovered grill directly over medium coals for abouto 15 minutes, turning once.
- Brush the steaks with the hoisin mixture during the last 5 minutes of grilling.
- Place the eggplant slices on the grill beside the steaks.
- Grill for about 12 minutes, or until the eggplant is tender, turning once.
For a gas grill, preheat the grill.
Reduce heat to medium.
Cover and grill as directed above.
Serve the steaks and eggplant slices together.
For more great Grilled Vegetable Recipes, visit any of the links shown below.
Authentic American Recipes from every state.
Main Course Recipe Page
Another Free Printable Recipe Collection.
Other useful Links
Premium Factory Outlets in All 50 States.
Fact and Photo Galleries for All 50 States.
Air Travel Discount Deals and Low-Cost Lodging in all 50 States and Washington DC.
Low-Cost Car Insurance in All 50 States and Washington DC.
Work From Home Anywhere in America.
Universities and PhD Programs in All 50 States