Grilled Fish Recipes and Other Healthy Entrees
Fresh tuna appears in many spectacular grilled fish recipes. In most recipes, Tuna can be substituted with salmon, swordfish, or monk fish, among others.
The following grilled tuna recipe can be made using a grill pan, a broiler, or a charcoal
grill. Most folks prefer a grill pan for grilled fish recipes because it's easier to clean.
Note: Prepare the salsa at least four hours before cooking, and start marinating the tuna at least two hours before cooking.
Grilled Fish Recipes - Tuna
Seared Tuna Marinade with Fresh Mango Salsa
- 4 fresh tuna steaks, each one weighing about 8 ounces.
for the MANGO SALSA...
- 2 cups of diced peeled mangoes
- 1 cup of diced tomato
- 1/2 cup of thinly sliced green onion
- 1/4 cup of diced red bell pepper
- 2 tablespoons of lime juice, about 1 medium lime
- 2 teaspoons of finely minced hot or mild chile pepper
- 2 tablespoons of chopped fresh cilantro, or to taste
1/4 teaspoon of minced ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon of orange OR pineapple juice
- 1/4 teaspoon of black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon of sugar (optional)
for the MARINADE SAUCE:
- Juice from 2 small limes
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon of minced ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- 1 tablespoon of honey
- dash of hot sauce
- 1 clove of crushed garlic
- Combine all salsa ingredients.
- Refrigerate for a few hours before serving.
Makes 3 to 4 cups (8-12 servings) of salsa.
- Mix all of the marinade ingredients together, tasting and adjusting
the seasonings as desired.
- Combine the marinade with tuna in a food storage bag
or shallow covered glass dish. Make sure the tuna is well coated; c
- Cover the dish or seal the bag and refrigerate for 2-3 hours.
- Lightly brush a grill pan, grill rack, or broiler pan with a
little bit of oil.
- Grill the tuna over a medium heat (or broil it if you prefer), turning
the pieces over after about 5 minutes.
- When done, the tuna will flake easily
around the edges. Should be a bit pink in the middle.
- Serve the tuna with a good helping of salsa.
This dish goes very well with rice or couscous.
MAKES 4 SERVINGS
Authentic American Recipes from every state.
Main Course Recipe Page.
Another Free Printable Recipe Collection.
other useful links
Premium Factory Outlets in All 50 States.
Fact and Photo Galleries for All 50 States.
Air Travel Discount Deals and Low-Cost Lodging in all 50 States and Washington DC.
Low-Cost Car Insurance in All 50 States and Washington DC.
Work From Home Anywhere in America.
Universities and PhD Programs in All 50 States