Search by Keyword
Here's one of Montana's favorite Easy Family Recipes - Rocky Mountain Oysters.
Rocky Mountain oysters, also known as prairie oysters, cowboy caviar, bull fries, and swinging beef, are not really oysters at all. You WISH they were oysters. They are actually calves’ testicles.
You see, when calves are branded, the testicles are cut off and thrown into a bucket of water. They are then peeled, washed, rolled in flour and pepper, and fried in a pan.
They are considered to be quite a delicacy. When properly seasoned and breaded, Rocky Mountain oysters have a slightly liver-like flavor, with a chewy texture similar to chicken gizzards. They are said to be equally delicious (or equally not) whether sliced thin or marinated whole.
You have to be somewhat marinated yourself to try these, but Montana restaurants serve them all year round, and Testicle Festivals are popular throughout the state. Understandably, so is alcohol.
Festival activities include chugging beer, starting fist fights, and buying cheesy souvenirs with catchy slogans like, "I Had a Ball at the Rocky Mountain Oyster Fest."
ROCKY MOUNTAIN OYSTERS
1. Roll each piece of meat in a thin coating of flour, salt and pepper.
2. Dip each piece in the beaten egg and coat thoroughly.
3. Hold each piece over the egg dish so the excess egg drips off the meat.
4. Bury the meat in bread crumbs and press down gently.
5. Place each piece of meat in the hot oil, and cook for about 3 minutes on each side.
6. Remove the meat from the oil with tongs and place on clean paper towels to soak up excess oil.
7. Serve with ketchup or cocktail sauce (Cocktail sauce is simply a mixture of ketchup and prepared horseradish).
Scroll down for more Easy Family Recipes.
Look here for Premium Factory Outlets in All 50 States.
For fun things to do anywhere in America, visit Fact and Photo Galleries for All 50 States.
See this page for Affordable Travel Deals in all 50 States and Washington DC.
Click here to get Low-Cost Car Insurance in All 50 States and Washington DC.
Visit this page to learn how to Work From Home Anywhere in America.
Go here to see a complete list of Universities and PhD Programs in All 50 States.