Cube Steak Recipes
Of all the Cube Steak Recipes out there, good old fashioned beef stew is by far the most popular.
There are quite a few ingredients involved, but the process is quite easy, and the taste is spectacular.
Scroll further down to learn how to make Steak Milanese, another of America's favorite Cube Steak Recipes.
Cube Steak Recipes - Beef Stew
- 2 lbs cube steak
- 6 potatoes, peeled and chopped into 1-inch cubes
- 1 (10 ounce) can stewed tomatoes
- 2 medium chopped onions
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 2 cups peeled, chopped carrots
- 1 cup whole kernel corn
- 1 cup peas
- 1 cup fresh cauliflower
- 1 small chopped zucchini
- 3 quarts water
- 1/2 cup pearl barley (found in the dried foods section of the grocery store)
- 3 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- 3 whole bay leaves
- 4 teaspoons chopped parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon basil
- 1/4 teaspoon oregano
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- cooking oil (as needed)
- Heat oil on a large skillet.
- Add garlic and chopped beef.
- Brown beef on all sides.
- Add 3 quarts of water.
- Add seasoning, potatoes, tomatoes and onion
- Simmer for 2 hours, watching carefully to be sure the food doesn't dry out.
- Add vegetables and pearl barley and simmer covered for another hour.
- Add water as needed.
- Add cornstarch, a little at a time, until stew is as thick as you want it to be.
MAKES 6 SERVINGS
- 4 plum tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1/2 cup diced red onion
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1 egg plus 1 egg white
- 1/2 cup plain dry breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 pound cube steak, cut into 4 portions
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper, divided
- 6 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 4 cups baby arugula, chopped
- 3/4 cup thinly sliced fresh basil leaves
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice, plus lemon wedges for garnish
- Combine tomatoes, onion and 1/4 teaspoon salt in a large bowl.
- Whisk egg and egg white in a shallow dish.
- Combine breadcrumbs, grated cheese and parsley in another shallow dish.
- Season steak with the remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper.
- Dip each piece into the egg, allowing excess to drip off into the dish, then dip in the breadcrumb mixture and turn to coat.
- Heat 2 teaspoons oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- Add the steaks and cook until golden brown on the first side, about 3 minutes.
- Turn the steaks over, add 1 teaspoon oil and cook until the steaks are cooked through, 3 to 4 minutes more.
- Transfer to a plate; tent with foil to keep warm.
- Add 1/4 cup shaved cheese to the tomato mixture.
- Add the remaining 1/4 teaspoon pepper, the remaining 3 teaspoons oil, arugula, basil and lemon juice; toss lightly until evenly mixed.
- Serve the steaks on beds of the arugula-tomato salad.
- Garnish with lemon wedges.
Other American Favorites
Traditional Recipes from Every State
For Cube Steak Recipes and other main courses, See the Main Entree Page
See this page for assorted Side Dishes
Hit this link for an irresistible selection of Dessert Recipes
Click here to see Another Great Recipe Collection
other useful links
See this page for Travel Deals and Discounts in all 50 States and Washington DC.
For fun things to do anywhere in America, visit Fact and Photo Galleries for All 50 States.
Click here to get Low-Cost Car Insurance in All 50 States and Washington DC.
Visit this page to Work From Home Anywhere in America.
See this page for Wholesale Factory Outlets listed by state.
Go here to see a complete list of Universities and PhD Programs in All 50 States.