Scroll down for Crab Nutrition Facts and an easy, breezy, lemon squeezy recipe for Maryland Crab Cakes.
image credit: foodnetwork.com
One crab cake, which equals one serving size, contains about 180 calories, with 10.35 grams of fat. Roughly 58% of the calories in a crab cake are fat calories.
According to commonly accepted Crab Nutrition Facts, one crab cake also contains 5.11 grams of carbs (about 12 percent) and 11.25 grams of protein (about 30 percent).
1. Drain the crabmeat and place it in a medium bowl. Set aside.
2. In a small bowl, whisk the egg, mayonnaise, mustard, Old Bay seasoning, lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce, and 1/4 teaspoon salt.
3. Add the mixture to the crab meat and mix gently until evenly distributed, breaking up the lumps with your fingers.
4. Sprinkle the bread crumbs and the parsley over the mixture, and mix them in thoroughly but gently. Keep the mixture somewhat loose.
5. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 1 to 3 hours.
6. Shape the crab mixture into cakes about 1 inch thick.
7. In a nonstick skillet, heat the butter and olive oil over medium heat.
8. Add the cakes to the pan.
9. Cook until dark golden brown on the underside, about 4 minutes.
10. Flip the cakes, reduce the heat to medium low, and continue cooking 4-5 minutes until the other side is done.
11. Garnish the plate with lemon wedges.
Look here for Premium Factory Outlets in All 50 States.
For fun things to do anywhere in America, visit Fact and Photo Galleries for All 50 States.
See this page for Affordable Travel Deals in all 50 States and Washington DC.
Click here to get Low-Cost Car Insurance in All 50 States and Washington DC.
Visit this page to learn how to Work From Home Anywhere in America.
Go here to see a complete list of Universities and PhD Programs in All 50 States.