For an assortment of cool math games, visit the links at the bottom of this page.
The list shown below displays the percentage of each state's population who are under the age of 18.
The current population of the United States is now more than three hundred million. Roughly one quarter (about 25%) of them are minors (under 18 years of age). These figures are based on recent estimates by the United States Census Bureau.
The data shown below raises some interesting questions. For instance, why do Alaska and Utah have a higher percentage of children than other states, and why do Maine and West Virginia have the lowest?
Scroll down for links to multiplication tables, cross number puzzles, and other cool math games.
NEW HAMPSHIRE 23.5
NEW JERSEY 24.8
NEW MEXICO 25.9
NEW YORK 23.8
NORTH CAROLINA 24.8
NORTH DAKOTA 21.9
RHODE ISLAND 22.6
SOUTH CAROLINA 24.4
SOUTH DAKOTA 24.8
WEST VIRGINIA 21.2
1. In the United States, childhood obesity has more than tripled during the past thirty years.
2. America's youngest author is Bethany Huang, who published a book at the age of ten. The book is called "The Eiffel Tower's Daughter."
3. The youngest mother in America gave birth at the age of nine.
4. America's youngest ever chess Grandmaster was Ray Robsen, who earned the title in 2003 at the age of fifteen.
5. The youngest person ever sentenced to death by the United States government was James Arcene, a Cherokee boy who was convicted of robbery and murder in Arkansas in 1885. He escaped and remained on the run for another 13 years, but was eventually captured and hanged for the crimes he had (supposedly) committed at the age of ten.
Air Travel Discount Deals and Low-Cost Lodging in all 50 States and Washington DC.
cool math games cool math games