Search by Keyword
Scroll down to see Cooking for Kids Recipes from every state.
This page features an award-winning Apple Pie Recipe from a recent Connecticut State Fair.
This easy recipe was the 1st Place Blue Ribbon winner in the Connecticut Two-Crusted Pie Final!
3 cups of flour
1½ tsp of salt
¾ tsp. of baking powder
2 Tbsp. of brown sugar
1 cup of butter-flavored shortening
1 Tbsp. of vegetable oil
5-7 Tbsp. of cold milk
1 egg white for garnish
1) Sift dry ingredients together twice.
2) Cut in shortening.
3) Sprinkle in oil, then milk, one tablespoon at a time, mixing well after each tablespoon with a pastry fork.
4) Combine to form a ball of dough and divide it to make a top and bottom crust.
5) Line a pastry pan with bottom crust.
1 cup sugar
4 Tbsp. cornstarch
½ tsp. cinnamon
¼ tsp. nutmeg
4 Golden Delicious apples (# varies with size)
6 Courtland apples (# varies with size)
¼ cup orange juice (to prevent discoloration)
2 Tbsp. butter
1) Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
2) Sift dry ingredients.
3) Peel and chop apples into pieces.
4) Splash apple pieces with orange juice and mix to prevent discoloration while chopping.
5) Combine dry mixture with apples as place onto bottom crust in pastry pan. Pack in firmly.
6) Dot with butter.
7) Cover with top crust, seal edges by pinching them, and make holes on top for steam to escape.
8) Brush top crust with egg white.
9) Bake at 375 degrees for 1 hour, or until crust is lightly browned. If crust browns too early, cover pie with foil for the remainder of cooking time.
More Cooking For Kids Recipes: Popular DESSERTS
Look here for Premium Factory Outlets in All 50 States.
For fun things to do anywhere in America, visit Fact and Photo Galleries for All 50 States.
See this page for Affordable Travel Deals in all 50 States and Washington DC.
Click here to get Low-Cost Car Insurance in All 50 States and Washington DC.
Visit this page to learn how to Work From Home Anywhere in America.
Go here to see a complete list of Universities and PhD Programs in All 50 States.