Chicken Fajita Recipe and how to make Guacamole
Scroll down for a delicious Chicken Fajita Recipe, followed by a fast an easy Guacamole recipe.
See the related links at the bottom of the page for other popular American style entrees.
Chicken Fajita Recipe
Try this tasty Chicken Fajita dish for your next family meal.
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup lime juice
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 2 teaspoons pepper
- 2 tablespoons worcestershire sauce
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 yellow bell pepper
- 1 medium sized onion
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro
- 8 flour tortillas
- For this Chicken Fajita Recipe, mix the first seven ingredients and pour into ziplock bag with chicken breasts.
- Leave the chicken breasts in the marinade for 2 hours.
- Cook the pieces on a grill about 5 minutes on each side, or until crisp on the outside and tender when poked with a fork.
- Remove from grill and wrap in aluminum foil.
- Let rest for ten minutes before slicing.
- Chop onion, red pepper and yellow pepper into long thin pieces.
- Saute vegetables in a heated skillet with a bit of olive oil. Add a dash of salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle cilantro on chicken slices and vegetables.
- Serve with soft, warm flour tortillas.
This recipe makes about 8 servings.
- 2 ripe avocados
- 1/2 red onion, minced (about 1/2 cup)
- 2 tablespoons of cilantro leaves, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon of fresh lime or lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon of coarse salt
- A dash of freshly grated black pepper
- 1/2 ripe chopped tomato, seeds and pulp removed (optional)
- Cut the avocados in half and remove the pit.
- Scoop out the "meat" of the avocado from the peel and put it in a mixing bowl.
- Mash the avocado with a fork.
- Add the chopped onion, cilantro, lime or lemon, salt and pepper, and continue mashing until the ingredients are well mixed.
- Keep the tomatoes separate until ready to serve.
- Cover with plastic wrap directly on the surface of the guacamole to prevent oxidation. Exposure to air discolors the avocado.
- Refrigerate until ready.
- Just before serving, add the chopped tomato to the guacamole and mix.
- Serve with crispy corn tortilla chips.
This recipe makes 2-4 servings.
For more easy, tasty recipes and other popular American favorites, visit the links shown below.
Traditional Recipes from Every State
See Main Entree Page
Another Great Recipe Collection
other useful links
Fact and Photo Galleries for All 50 States.
Affordable Travel Deals to and from All 50 States.
Universities and PhD Programs in All 50 States.
How to Work From Home Anywhere in America.
Factory Outlet Malls all over America.
Find the Cheapest Car Insurance Company in All 50 States.