Beef Tenderloin Recipes and Other American Favorites
Scroll down for some easily prepared Beef Tenderloin Recipes.
Also, see the links at the bottom of the page for other popular American-style recipes.
The idea of wrapping cooked meat inside bread or pastry dough is nothing new. But these mini beef wellingtons are sure to impress your guests with their prime ingredients and classy presentation.
Beef tenderloin dishes are typically made with the choicest cuts of fresh, lean meat. This elegant dish is much easier to make than it looks.
Beef Tenderloin Recipes and more
- 3 Tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 8 filet mignon steaks, 1-inch thick
- 1 lb. mushrooms, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup dry red wine
- 1/2 cup finely chopped green onions
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 (17 oz.) package frozen puff pastry sheets
- 1 egg, beaten with 1 Tablespoon water
- Slivered almonds (optional)
- Thaw pastry for about 30 minutes.
- Heat 2 Tablespoons oil in a large skillet until hot.
- Sear steaks in the oil for about 90 seconds on each side.
- Remove from heat and drain steaks on paper towel. Chill.
- Heat 1 Tablespoon oil in the same skillet.
- Add mushrooms and stir until tender, about 3 minutes.
- Add wine and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Stir in green onion, thyme, salt and pepper. Cook 1 minute longer.
- Remove from heat and let cool.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll each pastry into a 14-inch square. Then cut each sheet into four (7-inch) squares.
- Place about 2 Tablespoons of mushroom mixture in the center of each square.
- Place a slice of fillet on top of each.
- Brush pastry edges with egg/water mixture, and wrap around each steak, pinching edges to seal.
- Place on an ungreased baking sheet, seam-side down.
- If desired, sprinkle slivered almonds on each pastry.
- Bake at 375 ° F. for 20-25 minutes or until pastry is golden brown. If necessary, loosely cover pastry with foil to avoid over browning.
To view more Beef Tenderloin Recipes and a broader selection of America's most favorite lunch, dinner and dessert recipes, visit any link shown on this page.
Other American Favorites
Traditional Recipes from Every State
See Main Entree Page
Another Great Recipe Collection
Look here for Premium Factory Outlets in All 50 States.
For fun things to do anywhere in America, visit Fact and Photo Galleries for All 50 States.
See this page for Affordable Travel Deals in all 50 States and Washington DC.
Click here to get Low-Cost Car Insurance in All 50 States and Washington DC.
Visit this page to learn how to Work From Home Anywhere in America.
Go here to see a complete list of Universities and PhD Programs in All 50 States.