Beef Enchilada Recipe and Other American Favorites
Scroll down for a fast and easy Beef Enchilada Recipe.
Also, see the links at the bottom of the page for other popular American style dishes.
An enchilada is basically a corn tortilla wrapped around various types of meat.
The "personality" of an enchilada is primarily defined by the flavor of the sauce poured over it.
Some enchiladas have a dark red, tomato-based sauce. Others are prepared with mole sauce, a Mexican recipe flavored with dark chocolate. Some, like the one shown here, are topped with salsa and either guacamole or sliced avocado.
image credit: iowagirleats.com
Beef Enchilada Recipe
Here's a hot Beef Enchilada Recipe from Mex-recipes.com. Also shown below is the perfect sauce recipe to go with it.
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 2 tablespoons Chili powder
- 2 tablespoons Paprika
- 1 teaspoon Cumin
- 3 cloves fresh garlic
- 1/2 diced Bell pepper
- 1 small diced Onion
- 12 black olives (optional)
- 12 flour tortillas
- In 2 quart sauce pan combine ground beef, salt, chili power, garlic, cumin, and paprika.
- Add enough water to cover meat. Bring to a boil. Simmer over medium-low heat about an hour.
- Add chopped onion and chopped bell pepper.
- Continue simmering about 30 more minutes.
- Heat 2 Tablespoons of oil in a skillet on medium-high.
- Cook tortillas in oil, one at a time until soft, about 10 seconds; drain on paper towels and let cool.
- Add 2 tablespoons of the beef mixture to center of each tortilla using slotted spoon
- Roll the tortilla by folding the sides in first, then rolling it up vertically.
- Sprinkle grated cheese on each rolled tortilla, and pour hot enchilada sauce over it (recipe below).
- If desired, top with sliced black olives.
SUGGESTION: Serve with chunky corn salsa and raw shredded red cabbage.
enchilada sauce recipe
- 2 tablespoons shortening
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 2 tablespoons red Chile powder
- 1 teaspoon of cumin
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 cups water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Heat together shortening and flour.
- Gradually add remaining ingredients.
- Stir constantly until well blended and hot, 4-5 minutes.
- Pour over enchiladas and serve immediately.
For more amazing recipes, visit the links below.
Traditional Recipes from Every State
See Main Entree Page
Another Great Recipe Collection
other useful Links
Premium Factory Outlets in All 50 States.
Fact and Photo Galleries for All 50 States.
Affordable Travel Deals in all 50 States and Washington DC.
Low-Cost Car Insurance in All 50 States and Washington DC.
Work From Home Anywhere in America.
Universities and PhD Programs in All 50 States.