Search by Keyword
Scroll down for an easily prepared Beef Barley Soup Recipe.
Also see the links at the bottom of the page for other popular American style recipes.
Barley is a cereal grain that is often used as feed for large animals like cattle, pigs and horses. Among humans, hulled barley is a popular ingredient in soups, stews and bread recipes. It is also used as a base in beer making.
Here's a typically satisfying recipe for Beef Barley Soup.
1. In crockpot, layer the vegetables and beef.
2. Add barley and remaining ingredients, except salt and pepper.
3. Cover and cook on LOW for about 8 hours.
4. Add salt and pepper to taste.
This Beef Barley Soup Recipe SERVES 8 people.
1. Cut off ends of asparagus stalks.
2. Cut stalks into pieces about 1 inch long.
3. Place in boiling water until tender, about 2 minutes. Drain and set aside.
4. Heat chicken broth to a simmer. Cover and keep warm.
5. Heat the oil in a skillet over medium heat.
6. Add scallions and shiitakes and cook, stirring occasionally, about 3 minutes.
7. Add barley and stir for 1 minute.
8. Add wine and stir until evaporated, about 1 minute.
9. Add about 1/2 cup of the hot broth and cook, stirring frequently, until most of the liquid is absorbed by the barley.
10. Continue cooking, adding the broth 1/2 cup at a time and stirring frequently, until the barley is tender. This takes about 10 minutes.
11. Remove pan from heat and stir in the cheese and asparagus.
12. Season with salt and pepper.
Serve hot, warm or cold.
MAKES ABOUT 4 SERVINGS.
Traditional Recipes from Every State
Look here for Premium Factory Outlets in All 50 States.
For fun things to do anywhere in America, visit Fact and Photo Galleries for All 50 States.
See this page for Affordable Travel Deals in all 50 States and Washington DC.
Click here to get Low-Cost Car Insurance in All 50 States and Washington DC.
Visit this page to learn how to Work From Home Anywhere in America.
Go here to see a complete list of Universities and PhD Programs in All 50 States.