Bean Salad Recipes and Other Popular Favorites
Bean Salad Recipes are healthy and delicious.
These recipes for low-fat, protein-rich bean salads are versatile and make great side dishes. Mixed bean salads can be made with kidney beans, white beans, black beans, navy beans, pinto beans and soy beans, to name just a few.
Bean salads are a healthy, tasty, low-fat, high-protein alternative to meat. Beans are also an important source of iron, potassium, selenium, molybdenum, thiamine, vitamin B6 and folic acid. Dry beans are very high in fiber content, which helps lower cholesterol levels. Best of all, beans are delicious and easily prepared.
For other hearty Bean Salad Recipes, visit the links at the bottom of this page.
Bean Salad Recipes
EDAMAME CARROT SALAD
- 2 cups edamame (green soybeans)
3 large grated carrots
- 1 large green onion, thinly sliced
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 teaspoon minced ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- dash of cayenne pepper
- Cook edamame pods in rapidly boiling water for about 3 minutes.
- Drain edamame and rinse with cold water.
- Shell edamame, discard the pods, and set the beans aside.
- Add grated carrots and sliced green onion to beans.
- Toss with olive oil, rice vinegar and ginger.
- Add salt and cayenne pepper.
- Refrigerate for one hour to let the flavors develop.
MAKES ABOUT 4 SERVINGS
BLACK BEAN PASTA SALAD
- 2 cups bowtie pasta
- Italian vinaigrette dressing
- 1 can black beans
- 1 can pitted black olives
- 1 grated carrot
- 1 sliced celery stalk
- dash of black pepper
- Cook and drain the pasta. Let it cool a while.
- Toss in the vinaigrette dressing, olives, black beans, celery, and carrot.
- Mix well and refrigerate for one hour to bring out the flavors.
MAKES ABOUT 4 SERVINGS
MEXICAN BEAN SALAD
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can kidney beans, drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen corn kernels
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 clove crushed garlic
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/2 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1/2 tablespoon ground black pepper
- 1 dash hot pepper sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- In a large bowl, combine beans, bell peppers, frozen corn, and red onion.
- In a small bowl, whisk together olive oil, red wine vinegar, lime juice, lemon juice, sugar, salt, garlic, cilantro, cumin, and black pepper.
- Season to taste with hot sauce and chili powder.
- Pour olive oil dressing over vegetables and mix well.
- Chill thoroughly, and serve cold.
more recipes and related links
Traditional Recipes from Every State
See Main Entree Page
For other Bean Salad Recipes, see this tasty collection of Side Dishes.
Another Great Recipe Collection
other useful Links
Premium Factory Outlets in All 50 States.
Fact and Photo Galleries for All 50 States.
Affordable Travel Deals in America
Low-Cost Car Insurance in All 50 States and Washington DC.
Work From Home Anywhere in America.
Universities and PhD Programs in All 50 States.