Baked Pork Chop Recipes and Other Popular Favorites
Scroll down for delicious Baked Pork Chop Recipes and other delectable dishes.
Baked Pork Chop Recipes
Apple Gravy Pork Chops
- 6 pork chops
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 large tart apples
- 3 tablespoons molasses
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 2 cups hot water
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- Sprinkle pork chops with salt and pepper.
- Heat butter in a large heavy skillet; brown the pork chops on both sides.
- With slotted spoon or spatula, transfer pork chops to a large shallow baking dish.
- Peel and slice apples, and arrange over pork chops.
- Pour molasses over the pork chops and apples.
- To the drippings in the skillet, add flour and cook, stirring, until browned.
- Slowly stir in the hot water, and cook until bubbly.
- Add vinegar and a dash of salt.
- Pour sauce over apples and pork chops in the baking dish.
- Cover the dish and bake at 350° for about 1 hour.
SUGGESTION: Serve with sweet potato and steamed green vegetables, a perfect accompaniment for most Baked Pork Chop Recipes.
Barbecue Baked Pork Chops
- 10 pork chops
- salt and pepper
- honey barbecue sauce
- one large onion, finely chopped
- large baking pan
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Put about one inch of water in bottom of pan.
- Add a layer of chopped onion in water.
- Add salt and pepper to pork chops on both sides.
- Place pork chops on top of onion.
- Add more onions on top of pork chops.
- Add just enough water to cover the meat.
- Bake in the oven for about an hour.
- When nearly done, remove pan from oven and pour honey barbecue sauce over the meat, spreading evenly.
- Set oven temperature on Broil.
- Return pan to oven for about 5 minutes, or long enough to brown the barbecue sauce.
- Remove pan from oven and serve while hot with fresh green vegetables and steamed white rice.
Makes about 5 servings.
Lexington Barbecue Pork
Use a pork shoulder basted with a mixture of water, vinegar, salt,
Cook the meat slowly over a hickory wood fire until so tender it falls from the bone.
Allow about one hour of cooking time per one pound of pork.
While you're at it, try this tangy, authentic BBQ sauce recipe from Lexington, North Carolina. This sauce pairs well with most baked pork chop recipes.
Eastern North Carolina Barbecue Sauce
- 2 quarts cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup salt
- 2 tablespoons cayenne pepper
- 3 tablespoons red pepper flakes
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon hot pepper sauce
- In a large bowl, mix together cider vinegar, salt, cayenne pepper, red pepper flakes, light brown sugar, and hot pepper sauce.
- Stir until salt and brown sugar have dissolved.
- Cover, and let
stand at least 3 hours before using as a basting sauce or serving on
Traditional Recipes from Every State
See Main Entree Page
Another Great Recipe Collection
other useful links
Look here for Premium Factory Outlets in All 50 States.
For fun things to do anywhere in America, visit Fact and Photo Galleries for All 50 States.
See this page for Air Travel Discount Deals and Low-Cost Lodging in all 50 States and Washington DC.
Click here to get Low-Cost Car Insurance in All 50 States and Washington DC.
Visit this page to learn how to Work From Home Anywhere in America.
Go here to see a complete list of Universities and PhD Programs in All 50 States.