Search by Keyword
Above: A Sunset in Alaska view of the skyline in Anchorage.
Scroll down the page for an eye candy-filled image gallery of dreamy scenes from America's largest (and coldest!) state. This page features crisp, clear images of Alaskan cities and towns.
Visit Anchorage, Barrow, Fairbanks, Haines, Juneau, Ketchikan, Ninilchik, Nome, Sitka, Skagway and Talkeetna, from the comfort of your favorite armchair.
Visit this link to find a free printable Map of Alaska.
Above: A convenience stop is blanketed with freshly fallen snow in Barrow.
FACTS ABOUT ALASKA:
1. Alaska's state flower is the Forget-Me-Not.
2. Alaska's state bird is the Willow Ptarmigan.
3. Alaska's state tree is the Sitka Spruce.
4. In 2011, Alaska's population topped 722,000. That's less than the number of people who live in San Francisco.
5. Less than two percent of Alaska's residents get to work via public transportation.
6. Alaska is home to more than three million lakes.
7. Alaska has more than 250 Federally recognized Indian tribes.
8. The largest cities in Alaska (by population size) are Anchorage, Fairbanks, Juneau, Eagle River, Badger, Knik-Fairview, College, Sitka, Lakes, and Tanaina, in that order.
Above: The ghoul-green Northern Lights (otherwise known as Aurora Borealis)
loom over an RV park in Fairbanks.
To see other stunning state image galleries, visit the link at the bottom of this page.
Click here to visit Halibut Cove, located outside of Homer, Alaska.
Below: Majestic snowy mountains overlook the
quaint, green, waterfront community of Haines.
Above: The main commercial street in down town Juneau.
Above: A favorite state tourist attraction is Creek Street in Ketchikan. Boat traffic only.
Above: Fishing boats and catamarans cruise the shock-blue waters of Kodiak.
Kodiak was home to the first non native Alaskan settlement back in 1784,
when Russian fur traders built a village there.
Above: A weather-beaten neighborhood in Ninilchik.
Above: A charming hometown view of Nome.
Above: A cool, watery view of Sitka, a stunning place from which to watch a Sunset in Alaska.
Above: The quaint little touristy village of Skagway.
Above: Downtown Talkeetna.
Look here for Low-Cost Alaska Car Insurance.
Hit this link to learn How to Work From Home in Alaska, or anywhere in America.
Click here to view other striking Image Galleries From All 50 States.
Visit the page for Budget-Friendly Travel All Over America.
Look here for Premium Factory Outlets in All 50 States.
Go here to see a complete list of Universities and PhD Programs in All 50 States.