Search by Keyword
Pictures of Rhode Island
Above: An aerial view of Rhode Island.
Scroll down for a gallery of stunning images of Rhode Island. Learn many interesting facts about the state. View some of Rhode Island's most popular destinations.
Fast Facts About Rhode Island
1. The official state flower of Rhode Island is the Violet.
2. The official state tree of Rhode Island is the Red Maple.
3. The official state bird of Rhode Island is the Rhode Island Red hen.
4. Rhode Island is home to 9 State Parks.
5. The state of Rhode Island is divided into four geographical regions: North, Central, South, and Newport.
6. The five largest cities in Rhode Island (by population size) are Providence, Warwick, Cranston, Pawtucket and East Providence, in that order.
7. Rhode Island has 6 universities.
8. Rhode Island is named after a cluster of Greek islands called Rhodes.
9. The Narragansett people were a Native American Indian tribe based in what is now Rhode Island.
Above: Picture of Aquidneck Island.
Rhode Island Universities
Brown University in Providence
Bryant University in Smithfield
Johnson & Wales University in Providence
Roger Williams University in Bristol
Salve Regina University in Newport
University of Rhode Island in Kingston
Below: Sunrise over Barrington.
Rhode Island State Parks
Beavertail State Park
Brenton Point State Park
Colt State Park
Fort Adams State Park
Fort Wetherill State Park
Goddard Memorial State Park
Haines Memorial State Park
Lincoln Woods State Park
Snake Den State Park
Here are Rhode Island's three most popular "Rhode side" attractions:
1. Visit the grave of a suspected vampire in Exeter. Yes, it's a lame excuse for a roadside attraction, but what the heck? Exeter's a nice town anyway.
2. Pay a visit the world's largest termite, a building-sized creation named "Nibbles Woodaway," overseeing a pest control center in Providence.
3. For another favorite offbeat destination, tour the sixty creepy rooms of Belcourt Castle in Newport.
Above: Block Island.
Above: East Greenwich at sunrise.
Above: Pictures of Rhode Island: Jamestown.
Above: The seaside village of Newport.
Above: Slater Mill in Pawtucket
Above: Brown University in Providence.
Above: Taylor Swift recently purchased this 17 million dollar mansion on Watch Hill.
Above: Sun setting over the rocky Rhode Island coastline.
Visit this page for a complete list of Universities and PhD Programs all over America.
Look here for Low-Cost Car Insurance in all 50 states and Washington DC.
Hit this link to learn how to Work From Home anywhere in America.
Look here for kids women & Men Clothing Store locations at Premium Factory Outlets in All 50 States.
See this page for Affordable Travel Deals in all 50 States and Washington DC.
Go here for a colorful collection of Photo Galleries from All 50 States.