Search by Keyword
Above: Philadelphia is the largest city in Pennsylvania,
with a resident population of more than 1.5 million.
Photo credit: usjournal.com
1. The official state flower of Pennsylvania is the Mountain Laurel.
2. The official state tree of Pennsylvania is the Hemlock.
3. The official state bird of Pennsylvania is the Roughed Grouse.
4. Pennsylvania is home to 119 State Parks.
5. The state of Pennsylvania is divided into eight geographical
regions: Northwest, North Central, Northeast, Southeast, South Central, Central, Southwest, and Pittsburgh.
7. The five largest cities in Pennsylvania (by population size) are Philadelphia, Pittsburgh, Allentown, Erie and Scranton, in that order.
8. Pennsylvania has 27 private universities.
9. More Pennsylvania Facts: The state was once occupied by a Native American tribe called Mingo.
Above: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.
Photo credit: usa-pictures.com
Five Truly Unique Pennsylvania Tourist Attractions
1. Insectarium in Philadelphia features a cockroach petting zoo and a model kitchen infested with these critters.
2. The Crayola Factory and Crayon Hall of Fame in Easton offers a hands-on interactive experience.
3. Lost River Caverns in Hellertown is a natural Limestone cavern with five explorable chambers.
4. Indian Echo Caverns in Hummelstown is a must-see for Pennsylvania tourists.
5. Clyde Peeling's Reptiland in Allenwood features live alligators, giant lizards, and poisonous snakes.
Below: Downtown Reading.
Alvernia University, Reading
Arcadia University, Cheltenham Township
Carlow University, Pittsburgh
Carnegie Mellon University,Pittsburgh
Drexel University, Philadelphia
Duquesne University, Pittsburgh
Eastern University, Radnor Township
Gannon University, Erie
Holy Family University,Philadelphia
Immaculata University, East Whitehead Township
La Salle University, Philadelphia
Lehigh University, Bethlehem
Marywood University, Dunmore
Misericordia University, Dallas Township
Neumann University, Aston Township
Philadelphia University, Philadelphia
Robert Morris University, Moon Township
Saint Francis University, Loretto
Saint Joseph's University, Philadelphia
University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia
University of Scranton, Scranton
University of the Sciences, Philadelphia
Thomas Jefferson University, Philadelphia
Villanova University, Radnor Township
Waynesburg University, Waynesburg
Widener University, Chester
Wilkes University, Wilkes-Barre
Below: University of Pennsylvania.
Below: A farm at Schuylkill in Autumn.
Above: The homey town of Danville.
Above: The charming town of Lancaster.
Above: Elfreth's Alley, a quaint row of Amish homes in Lancaster.
Above: The Steel Stacks at Bethlehem, Pennsylvania.
Above: Boxcars are beautiful in Philadelphia.
For fun things to do anywhere in America, visit Fact and Photo Galleries for All 50 States.
Visit this page for Low-Cost Pennsylvania Car Insurance.
Go here for a list of all PhD Programs in All 50 States.
Visit this link to Work from Home Anywhere in America.
Look here for kids women & Men Clothing Store locations at Premium Factory Outlets in All 50 States.
See this page for Affordable Travel Deals in all 50 States and Washington DC.