Search by Keyword
Above: North Carolina Facts: Birkdale Village in Huntersville, about 12 miles north of Charlotte, is one of North Carolina's most desirable urban communities.
1. The official state flower of North Carolina is the Dogwood.
2. The official state tree of North Carolina is the Pine.
3. The official state bird of North Carolina is the Cardinal.
4. North Carolina has 29 State Parks and one National Park, along with numerous National seashores, National historic sites, and other protected areas.
5. The state of North Carolina is divided into three geographical
regions: Mountains, Heartland, and Coastal.
7. The five largest cities in North Carolina (by population size) are Charlotte, Raleigh, Greensboro, Durham, and Winston-Salem, in that order.
8. The sands of Okracoke Island emit a gleaming white glow at night, due to high phosphorus content.
9. The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill opened in 1795, and was America's first public university.
Below: University of North Carolina at Charlotte.
Public Universities in North Carolina
Appalachian State University in Boone
East Carolina University in Greenville
Elizabeth City State University in Elizabeth
Fayetteville State University in Fayetteville
North Carolina Agricultural and Technical State University in Greensboro
North Carolina Central University in Durham
North Carolina State University in Raleigh
University of North Carolina at Asheville
University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
University of North Carolina at Charlotte
University of North Carolina at Greensboro
University of North Carolina at Pembroke
University of North Carolina at Wilmington
University of North Carolina School of the Arts in Winston-Salem
Western Carolina University in Cullowhee
Winston-Salem State University in Winston-Salem
Above: Duke University in Durham.
North Carolina State Parks
Bay Tree Lake State Park
Cape Hatteras State Park
Cliffs of the Neuse State Park
Crowders Mountain State Park
Daniel Boone State Park
Dismal Swamp State Park
Duke Powder State Park
Eno River State Park
Falls Lake State Park
Fort Macon State Park
Goose Creek State Park
Hammocks Beach State Park
Hanging Rock State Park
Jockeys Ridge State Park
Jones Lake State Park
Lake Waccamaw State Park
Merchants Millpond State Park
Morrow Mountain State Park
Mount Jefferson State Park
Mount Mitchell State Park
North Carolina Wildlife Landing
Pettigrew State Park
Pilot Mountain State Park
Raven Rock State Park
Rendezvous Mountain State Park
Singletary Lake State Park
Stone Mountain State Park
Town Creek Indian Mound State Park
William B Umstead State Park
Below: Great Smokey Mountains National Park.
Photo: alltravelingsites.com (north carolina facts)
Below: Wild horses roam Corolla Beach.
Above: Linville Gorge.
Above: The homey town of Mount Airy inspired the Andy Griffith Show back in the 60s.
Above: An overcast view of downtown Raleigh.
Above: Wrightsville Beach in Wilmington.
Above: The back lit sands of Okracoke Island.
Click here to see a free printable Map of North Carolina.
Go here for a complete list of Universities and PhD Programs in All 50 States and Washington DC.
Hit this link to learn How to Work From Home in North Carolina, or Anywhere in America.
Look here for Affordable Travel Deals anywhere in America.
Click here for Wholesale Factory Outlet Malls listed by state.
Hit this link to view Image Galleries from All 50 States.