Search by Keyword
Here's an authentic Fried Fish Recipe from Arkansas.
See the links below for original variations of basic recipes that are currently among the most popular dishes in America.
In this case, a recipes' popularity was measured by the number of internet search requests for that recipe over a 30 day period.
To view recipes for main courses, desserts, appetizers, and side dishes, visit any of the links shown below.
Fish Frys are a favorite summer activity in Little Rock, Arkansas. Here’s an easy recipe for Arkansas Fried Catfish. Spice it any way you like it.
ARKANSAS FRIED CATFISH
2 pounds of catfish filets
½ cup of flour
1½ cups of bread crumbs
2 cups of peanut oil
Salt & Pepper
1. Thoroughly rinse the 2 pounds of catfish filets, and soak up the excess moisture with paper towels.
2. Season the fish filets on both sides with enough salt & pepper to suit your taste.
3. In a medium sized bowl, beat the eggs with 2 tablespoons of water. Set this aside.
4. Thinly coat both sides of each fish filet with flour.
5. Dip the flour covered filets into the egg mixture. Hold each filet over the egg dish to let the excess egg drip off.
6. Coat the fish filets on both sides with bread crumbs.
7. Fry the fish filets in peanut oil, and cook until the fish flakes easily with a fork (about 2 minutes on each side).
8. Squeeze a few drops of fresh lemon juice onto the fish if desired.
Serve with hush puppies, coleslaw, baked beans and iced tea for a traditional southern fish fry.
Look here for Premium Factory Outlets in All 50 States.
For fun things to do anywhere in America, visit Fact and Photo Galleries for All 50 States.
See this page for Air Travel Discount Deals and Low-Cost Lodging in all 50 States and Washington DC.
Click here to get Low-Cost Car Insurance in All 50 States and Washington DC.
Visit this page to learn how to Work From Home Anywhere in America.
Go here to see a complete list of Universities and PhD Programs in All 50 States.