Abandoned Amusement Parks are popular destinations for experience seekers of all ages.
Shown above: Six Flags New Orleans.
This gallery features facts and fantastic photos from the state of Louisiana. For fascinating, fact filled photo galleries from all 50 states, visit the link shown below.
Use this colorful image gallery to learn about the state of Louisiana, or to find your favorite things to do here.
Bayou Segnette State Park
Chemin-A-Haut State Park
Chicot State Park
Cypremort Point State Park
Fairview Riverside State Park
Fontainebleau State Park
Grand Isle State Park
Hodges Gardens State Park
Jimmie Davis State Park
Lake Bistineau State Park
Lake Bruin State Park
Lake Claiborne State Park
Lake D'Arbonne State Park
North Toledo Bend State Park
Poverty Point Reservoir State Park
Saint Bernard State Park
Sam Houston Jones State Park
South Toledo Bend State Park
Tickfaw State Park
Below: A quaint neighborhood in the jazz-inspired French Quarter of New Orleans.
Fast Facts About Louisiana:
1. The official state flower of Louisiana is the Magnolia.
2. The official state tree of Louisiana is the Bald Cypress.
3. The official state bird of Louisiana is the Eastern Brown Pelican.
4. The ten largest cities (by population size) in Louisiana are New Orleans, Baton Rouge, Shreveport, Metairie Terrace, Metairie, Lafayette, Lake Charles, Kenner, Bossier City and Monroe, in that order.
5. The state of Louisiana contains 19 State Parks and many protected wildlife areas.
6. The state of Louisiana is divided into five geographical regions - Sportsman's Paradise, Crossroads, Cajun Country, Plantation Country, and Greater New Orleans.
7. Louisiana has nearly 400 miles of coastline, more than any other U.S. state except California and Florida.
Louisiana's favorite NOT abandoned amusement parks are Celebration Station and Dixie Landin' & Blue Bayou Waterpark in Baton Rouge, as well as Carousel Gardens in New Orleans. Be sure to visit these places when you go.
Above: Many fine restaurants line the colorful sidewalks of Bourbon Street, New Orleans.
Below: Tidy back yards in a neighborhood known as Rainbow Row, New Orleans.
Below: Lake Lawn Cemetery in Metairie.
Below: The State Capitol Building in Baton Rouge.
Below: The Old State Capitol Building in Baton Rouge.
Below: Holly Beach in Cameron Parish.
Photo credit: http://www.flickr.com/photos/katiew/4642578613/
Below: Sci-Port Discovery Center in Shreveport.
Below: For a truly unique experience, tour Louisiana swamplands by boat.
Click Here to view more striking Image Galleries from All 50 States.
Look here for discount Travel Deals All Over America.
Go here for a list of all PhD Programs in All 50 States.
Visit this link to Work from Home Anywhere in America.
Hit this link for Wholesale Factory Outlets in Every State.