Search by Keyword
For the 10 Best Home Based Business Opportunities in every state, visit the links at the bottom of this page.
Or read on to learn how to Work From Home in Washington DC.
This page outlines ten ways to earn money working from home in DC. All it takes is an idea, a computer, internet access, and in most cases, a small financial investment.
1. Become an Online Retailer.
Many of today's entrepreneurs make good money from home (or from anywhere) selling goods and services on major websites like ebay, etsy, craigslist, and Amazon, among others.
Online sellers based in Washington DC tend to buy inventory from online sources, since Washington DC is centrally located, making shipping less expensive.
However, home business retailers also purchase products for resale at yard sales, flea markets, thrift stores, local surplus wholesalers, and factory outlet stores.
Go here to see Factory Outlet Malls Listed by State.
Major discount factory outlets in and around Washington DC include Bowie Town Center in Bowie Maryland, Hagerstown Outlets in Hagerstown Maryland, and Leesburg Corner Premium Outlets in Leesburg Virginia, among others.
Visit the "Jobs" and "Gigs" sections of craigslist at least once a day.
Simply go to craigslist.org and click on JOBS (or GIGS) in and around Washington DC. Look for all feasible options.
If you like, you can check the box that says Telecommute and hit Enter.
Apply for all jobs you believe you can do well.
Always include a concise, well written, error-free cover letter and a Professional Resume.
You can also search employment in other areas, especially if you are telecommuting. The key to success in finding steady work on craigslist is consistency, and dedication to finding the Business Opportunity From Home that works best for those of us living in Washington DC.
3. Contact Big Businesses.
Large companies have a steadily increasing number of work-from-home positions available. Among the most common telecommutable jobs that don't require special skills are phone reception, sales calls, product promotion, and data entry.
DC residents might also try political campaigning or survey work.
Here is a list of the largest employers in Washington DC:
10 best home based business
Probably the most important way to cultivate any of the 10 Best Home Based Business Startups is to build your own website. A well written, well constructed, well researched, Search Engine Optimized (SEO) website encourages visitor traffic and earns money from ads.
It's best to learn how to build your own website, but if you do decide to hire someone, do a quick Google background check on the person or the company you plan on hiring. Also keep in mind that this method is not foolproof. Really, it's best just to learn how to do it yourself.
5. Freelance. Becoming a local independent contractor is a popular work-from-home idea with a wealth of variations. There exist quite a few in-demand services requiring minimal skills.
Here are the 10 Best Home Based Business Ideas in Washington DC.
Advertise your skills and services
on craigslist, ebay, and your own website (You did build one, right?), as well as social networks, blogs, forums,
and any other places online you can think of.
Offline, you can still increase your chances of success by posting physical signs on community bulletin boards, or joining local community groups to help with networking.
6. Pet Care Services. If you have a way with animals, becoming a local pet care provider can be lucrative. Place an ad on craigslist advertising your dog walking or cat sitting services. Have business cards made for this purpose, and hand them out to pet owners in your neighborhood.
7. House Cleaning. If you are good at cleaning, you can clean the homes of people in your neighborhood, or take it to the next level and start your own house cleaning business. Again, have business cards made for this purpose. Hand them out around your neighborhood and scan craigslist for house cleaning gigs.
8. Buy and Sell Domain Names. If you have a way with words and an eye for trends, you can buy quality domain names from websites such as GoDaddy. An available domain name costs anywhere from $2 to $20, but may sell for a whole lot more if you learn how to pick them.
9. Tutoring. If you are good at any academic subject, or just really good at passing tests, you can become a home tutor. Even if you're not so hot academically, you can start your own tutoring business. Hire tutors to do the work for you. This can be done either online or face to face. Advertise your services as stated above.
10. Political Campaigning. This sort of work is especially available in Washington DC. Write to your favorite politicians and see what kind of work is available.
No matter which of the 10 Best Home Based Business Ideas you choose, consistency is the key to success.
See this page for Affordable Travel Deals in all 50 States and Washington DC.
For more cool things to do in Utah or anywhere else in America, visit Fact and Photo Galleries for All 50 States.
Click here to get Low-Cost Car Insurance in All 50 States and Washington DC.
Visit this page to Work From Home Anywhere in America.
Go here to see a complete list of Universities and PhD Programs in All 50 States.
Hit this link for a list of Wholesale Factory Outlets in every state.